Affilorama Birthday
Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

Has anyone used Newspaper Ads for affiliate marketing?

moonman84
Trust:

Has anyone used Newspaper Ads for affiliate marketing?

Hey , I just wanted to know if anyone here has tried doing an ad in a newspaper with their affilliate program. I am thinking of trying a music learning program because there is usually a good section in the classifieds for music.

Obviously I would have to put my clickbank hoplink code in there so people could get to the site and get me my commissions but wouldn't that be a bit cheesy to the eyes of a reader? Also the hoplinks are quite long so people might just be too lazy to even try it.

Do you think it might be a good idea to just do my ad and put a "contact me by email address" instead so I could then send them the link after there had already been an innitial contact with the interested party? I hope this makes sense, Jay
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
I would get a website address and make it redirect through your hoplink.

Eg an address like "www.musicmania.com" or something like that (i'm sure that's taken, but you get the drift, i hope!)

regards,

Mark
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

moonman84
Trust:
thanks for the quick reply, I have a website called *broken link*, how could i make it redirect through my website?
Last edited by ampie g on 16 Mar 10 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: broken link removed

tarraco
Trust:
moonman84
Trust:
Thanks, I will try that out.
PremiumMember
terryb
Trust:
moonman

if you do run a clasified in the paper i would be very interested to here about your results, hits, sales, ROI etc ...

thanks in anticipation

Terry :)
moonman84
Trust:
Sure, I will let you know, I just put out an ad on Thursday, It is just a test so I guess we will see.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I remember Brett McFall going through something very similar in Marks interview with him, Id recommend going over that too.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world