Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

Affiliate Links in Social Sites (i.e. facebook)

demimalti
Trust:

Affiliate Links in Social Sites (i.e. facebook)

Hello,
Newbie here and I've been gleaming what I can from these forums. I know some folks are using social sites such as Facebook and MySpace to promote products. I am wondering if it is a violation of their TOS to place affiliate links on your feeds on Facebook or Myspace Pages or do you need to link to a Squidoo page or another web page which has links to your affiliate product.
Thanks...Liam
PremiumMember
graceharman
Trust:
As far as I know it's fine to put affiliate links on Facebook and MySpace. However, it's always much better to promote your own website wherever you can, and then send traffic from your website to affiliate products. Your website is like an asset that you are building. Sending people straight to affiliate products is missing an opportunity to further develop that asset.

All the best,
Grace
demimalti
Trust:
Thanks!...I had the question answered in another forum in which I participate. I understand about developing the website and intend to do so. Right now I am working on getting articles approved on EZine so I can start using them to market. Once I've gotten over that hump I'll get the website up.

Blessings.
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Just further to what Grace mentions, there is a good interview with Mike Filsaime who talks about getting the most value from visitors to your site so you can build it up as an asset, and hopefully develop a mailing list too.
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

lilannie57
Trust:
I am a newbie for sure! I'm confused about how to place my affiliate links on my blog or website. Can anyone help???? Thanks a bunch!!!

Link removed by moderator

This topic was started on Aug 26, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.