Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Keyword Research using Market Strength Tool: Result errors?

neokanobi
Trust:

Keyword Research using Market Strength Tool: Result errors?

Hello

I'm currently doing keywords research using Market Strength - Part of the Week 1 video 5 lesson. (Great Stuff by the way).

This is a pretty interesting tool but I have a question regarding the results that I'm getting and where I can validate the data ?

For example:

If I research the keyword "sports for men" lets say I get 5,000 searches then the Market Strength tool would show me other options and one of them is "sports for mens" (men with a S in the end) and the searches results is lets say 35,000..
Under the SEO competitiviness you have the % rating for the word and the 10 top ranking sites in Google.

When I click on one of these top 10 sites that is showing under "sports for mens" and I look at the pages for the word "sports for mens " I can not find any only the correct spelling "sports for men".

My question is how can it be target in my site with the misspelling word , where would I place them and can it be done with no problems with Google ? Any advices would be greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for your assistance.

Neo
wollowra
Trust:
Hi,
I am not sure of the exact algorithms that the tool uses but I would assume the people you are looking at who are using those words, put the keywords in the meta tags when building their sites.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

neokanobi
Trust:
Troy

Thanks for your quick feeback and assistance , I really appreciate it.

Neo

This topic was started on Jan 31, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.