Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

How Do I Identify A Good Niche?

niashabazz123
Trust:

How Do I Identify A Good Niche?

Hi, my name is Nia and I'm just starting the blueprint program and trying to identify a niche. It suggest using Google Keyword Tool which gives a number of global searches for a keyword. Google no longer have Keyword Tool and replaced it with Keyword Planner. The keyword has a number for local seaches. My question, what would be a good range for a searches that could be identify as a possible good niche?
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Nia,

Welcome to Affilorama! :)

The Google Keyword Planner works in a similar way as the Google Keyword Tool. Only this time, it shows you variations of your target keyword right away and automatically groups them for you. We are in the process of updating the Affiloblueprint lessons so that they show the use of the Keyword Planner instead.

Generally, a keyword with more than 75,000 global monthly searches is a sign of a good niche. For example, the keyword "weight loss" which is the main keyword of the weight loss niche. There are what we call "evergreen niches" too like relationship/dating, dropshipping, and internet marketing.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

This topic was started on Nov 25, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.