Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Google Adwords ads - Are they profitable?

desinaner
Trust:

Google Adwords ads - Are they profitable?

Hello there,

I am brand spanking new to market affiliating and am going through the lessons to learn as much as I can. Anyway, In the second lesson which teaches about 'organic' searches and paid listings, it showed affiliate sites advertising (paying) their business with links on the side of google. Just curious, do some people just pay for the advertising like those (google) that just link right to the merchant? Might be a stupid question, just wondering if you can make money like that.

Thanks
faradina
Trust:
Hi!

Yes, there are marketers who link directly to merchant sites from their google adwords ads and other ads.

However, we do not recommend that. It is much better to have your own site and promote products from that site. Why? When people find your site useful, they will keep coming back and thus you will have multiple opportunities of selling different products to the same (loyal) site visitors. It's like having fans (like if you were an actor or a singer).

Plus, you will also have the opportunity to build your mailing list. Having a mailing list will give you even more money-making opportunities.

Furthermore, with a website, you will also be able to establish yourself as an authority in the particular niche that you are in, and when you are an authority, people tend to follow your recommendations more readily.
desinaner
Trust:
Wow, I have been to many forums and I sparingly get a reply as informative as yours. Thanks a bunch!

This topic was started on Sep 02, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.