Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Broad VS Narrow Niche Site

kayespa
Trust:

Broad VS Narrow Niche Site

Ok.. I've always been fascinated with ezine sites like Woman's Day and Martha Stewart. Ideally, I'd like to run a site that is part ezine like those and part personal blog akin to The Pioneer Woman... but based on my own interests/personality.

These sites cover a variety of topics: cooking, deco, weddings, etc... is a site like that going to be too hard to monetize because of topic variety?

I already have a following with a business forum I own and am pretty sure a hundred or so members would parlay into members of a variety site because of discussions in my forum's chit chat area.

On the one hand, I think I can build a strong brand with a varied site like Martha Stewart has. (No! Not THAT famous, but you get the idea! LOL) On the other hand, I'll need organic traffic and I don't want to confuse and upset the Google Gods with too many topics. I need to expand my income because of personal events, so I don't have the luxury of just building a site for pleasure at this point- there's got to be some monetary reward as well.

So... Stick with one niche per site or follow my dream with a variety ezine?
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
It would be hard to rank well if your niche is too general. Specific niches will be more profitable.

The comments on these threads might also be helpful:
Broad Niche or Sub Niche Site/s
Is it better to build one big website or split the topics?
Is it best to have one content rich website or many?
Using 1 domain for several products, each with a subdomain?
Can I Have Just One Domain for All My Niches?
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

This topic was started on May 10, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.