Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

"Additional keywords" suggestions from Google - why so high?

PremiumMember
danofmn
Trust:

"Additional keywords" suggestions from Google - why so high?

I'm running a list of keywords that I narrowed down with Traffic Travis through the Google Keyword Tool.

Using a broad match:

My list of keywords generated search volumes ranging from 100 - 60,000. When I scroll down to the "additional keywords" suggestions from Google, the search volumes are ALOT higher - ranges from 100 - 1 million, with many in the hundreds of thousands!

Can that be right?? Why would the search volume from Google's suggestions be so much higher - my keywords couldn't have been that bad could they??$#@

Thanks,
Dan
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Those keywords with very high search volumes are usually too vague or general.

You would want to optimize your site for long tail or "buying" keywords. These have lower search volumes but convert very well to sales. Good keywords are specific and target people who want to buy something or about fixing a pressing problem.

You might also want to read through this thread:
Finding "Money Keywords" or Good "SEO Keywords"
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

jasonwest
Trust:
Many times the ultra high volume keywords are as Michelle says are far to general and will just burn through your money! Long tail all the way in the beginning. You might find my site useful for this kind of stuff to: http://www.netsalestrainer.com/training ... -research/

This topic was started on Feb 26, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.