Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

SBI , Do you know them?

hasanur
Trust:

SBI , Do you know them?

Dear friends
I found a site named SBI ( site build it!) Has anybody has any negative experience with it? Please advice
Free online Earning Information Cent re http://freeonlineearningworldwide.blogspot.com/
Invest 10% Money in Investment program http://safeinvestmentsreviews.blogspot.com/

PremiumMember
monkeymind
Trust:
Hasanur,

My first attempt at an online presence was with SBI. It is a great tool for newbies as their web building tools are very user friendly. They have great tutorials but the problem is that you are not always told why you are doing what you are doing. Had I known "why", I might have been less frustrated with the process and the results.

They have a great affiliate program with lifetime commissions for anyone who signs up with them through your link. They have a very informative "Affiliate Masters Program" you can download for free when you sign up as an affiliate. Its a very well thought out affiliate marketing plan, but again is short on the "why's". They also encourage you distribute it, already embedded with your links, as a marketing tool. I will consider promoting it as soon as I get into that niche.

I signed up with SBI a year and a half ago and ended up letting my subscription expire. I have learned more about internet marketing with my first two weeks with Affilorama than 1 year with SBI.

I have a very high regard for SBI and all that they do.

Monkey Mind
Last edited by faradina on 25 Nov 09 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: typographical errors

hasanur
Trust:
yes I know that that why I am promoting sbi in my blog. It is for newbi but for me I think WA and ppc bully and affiliroma will be my unlimitated choice
Free online Earning Information Cent re http://freeonlineearningworldwide.blogspot.com/
Invest 10% Money in Investment program http://safeinvestmentsreviews.blogspot.com/

abrandan
Trust:
Yes, I'm an SBI'er too, and you're right about the why. The affiliate program does not pay you for the first referral right away. They wait until you have 2 or 3 before you get paid out. Unfortunately the niche I used wasn't profitable and I didn't know what to do with it from there - and so it sits. They do have a great Thanksgiving promotion on, but it will set you back a few hundred bucks, or you can opt in for the monthly payment plan.
All in all, I much prefer Mark's method and what he's teaching and offering.
Angela B

edgerdemain
Trust:
Within my Internet marketing meetup group I coached a small group all using SBI, starting last January. Not one has started making money, though I think one should be if she'd just put about 10 more hours in.

I think much of their training material is very solid, and their affiliate support is a great example how it should be done. Their case studies are good.

There are 2 areas I think they are weak on:
1. Their keyword analysis tool gives a profitability rating - based just on high traffic and low competition. That method is bogus - there are lots of high traffic low competition niches where visitors expect free information and will not pay for anything.

2. They try to cover all Internet business models in one program. Every single one of the newbies in the group got scattered and confused by this. One of the group has been a web designer for 10 years, and she got scattered and confused.

I much prefer AffiloBlueprint because it covers just one fairly simple, profitable business model and walks you down a straight and narrow path.

My 13 year old got a site up and making money in about 40 hours of work with AffiloBlueprint, and he hasn't even finished week 7 (out of 12).
msh159
Trust:
Hasanur,

I signed up with SBI when I first got serious about learning how to build a profitable website. I only kept it for one year.
It has a ton of resources and tutorials, almost too much for a newbie. The learning format using elementary graphics and voice-over was a bit irritating to me.

I guess I would recommend it for someone just starting out, but honestly, I believe that if someone really wants to learn and put that learning into practice quickly, you can't beat something like Affilorama. It's a lot cheaper too. SBI is something like $300. for a year, every year, to keep your hosting and membership. Occasionally they will have a special so that you can get additional accounts set up for $100., but you still renew at $300. the next year.

They were weak on monetization emphasis. I also got the impression that most sites were not making much, if any, money after more than a year. I don't believe that I want to maintain an Adsense site at $300. a year!

Mike

This topic was started on Nov 20, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.