Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

Clickbank - What is a Good Maximum Gravity?

paulie69
Trust:

Clickbank - What is a Good Maximum Gravity?

Hi guys,

Just wondering if someone could offer me some advice please? I looked around the forum but couldn't see any info related to this issue (sorry if I missed it!). Mark advocates choosing Clickbank products with a gravity rating of around 30 and above. Some CB products have very high gravities (for example 400) - indicating a lot of competition - so being harder to rank against I guess. Can anyone please tell me what a good benchmark figure would be for the upper gravity limit. Is 400 too high? Or is that just creating extra work for myself? Is there such a thing as an ideal range for gravity?

Thanks in advance and best regards
Paul.
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hi Paul,

Gravity is always a good thing - it can't be too high!

Yes you need to consider competition, but that's determined via a different route unrelated to anything in Clickbank. For example, you can get an idea of how tough the competition is by looking at how many people are competing on the product name and related keywords in PPC and the natural search listings. If PPC ads are dense and the sites ranking in the search listings are very high quality, then this MAY mean you have more difficulty competing for traffic.

However, this also depends on how many niches there are in the market. For instance, a product like SaleHoo has a relatively high gravity score, but there are so many niche keywords to promote that there is room for a LOT of affiliates to make money.

Check out the video “Keyword Competition: All your questions answered” in Week 1 of Affiloblueprint for more information about competition research.

All the best :)
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

paulie69
Trust:
Hello Mark,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly and clarifying things! I really appreciate your advice! :) This forum is excellent! :)

Kind regards,
Paul.

This topic was started on Aug 04, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.