Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

Amazon Affiliates

PremiumMember
viridian
Trust:

Amazon Affiliates

Hi,
Putting first educational site together, I had in mind to include Amazon and some other book sellers.
Did not realize that unless you live in the United States, they make it v-e-r-y difficult.
So for Australians, what do we do?

Signed up for the Amazon Associates Program. They ask: "How do you want to be paid?"
Recently opened a business account (ANZ) and have Paypal account also thinking Amazon could pay any accrued
commissions on sales into either of those two accounts.
However, they stipulated one has to have a US account. On querying if there were other ways, the response below is what I received from Amazon (and look at all the conditions!)
Even my bank manager had no direct solution as there are no ANZ offices in the US.
However I am sure there must be affiliate marketers out there who encounter this problem.
Come on Master Minds, someone must have done this: what is the best solution?
Thanks!!

"Thanks for writing to the Amazon.com Associates Program.

We apologize for any misunderstanding. In order to qualify for direct deposit, for Amazon.com (United States) Associates earnings, all three of the following conditions must be met :

1) your payee address must be in the United States
2) your bank must be a United States Financial Institution
3) you must have a U.S. tax ID number or a Social Security number.

International members therefore only have the option of being paid with a check or an Amazon.com gift card. I'm sorry, but gift card payments from the Amazon.com Associates Program can only be redeemed on the Amazon.com (US) site only.

Payments by PayPal is not an option in the Program to any Affiliate member.

Affiliate referral fees are paid on a monthly basis. During the 60 days following the end of each month once a payment threshold is met, we send payment by the method you have selected.

When you select payment by gift card or direct deposit, we accrue and withhold referral fees until the total amount is at least $10.00. If you select payment by check, we accrue and withhold referral fees until the total amount is at least $100.00.

If you select payment by check, we deduct a $15.00 processing fee from the total amount paid for each check we send. If your billing address is a non-US address, and direct deposit is not available to you, this fee will not apply.

To change your payment method, log in to your Associates account (www.amazon.com/associates) and click on "Account Settings." Then click "Change your payment method," select your desired method of payment, and click "Save Changes" at the bottom of the page.

As always, please feel free to contact us should you have future questions or comments. If you need to contact us back, you can do so by using the secure form at the following specialized link to ensure we receive your next message:
sonitin
Trust:
Get a check, atleast it will get you started.
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

mickyf
Trust:
join Amazons own master card its with bank of America
I live in the Uk and have an s3 account and an amazon associates account
Thanks Mick

This topic was started on Aug 11, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.