Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

Affiliate contests & prizes - do these motivate you?

sandra72
Trust:

Affiliate contests & prizes - do these motivate you?

In the past I've promoted products as an affiliate where they were giving away ipods, TVs, product samples or cash to the best affiliates. This is really big at Christmas time for the ecommerce sites like the ones in CJ.com. For info marketing like ebooks and big launches the JVs or affiliates are probably getting some big prizes.

What kind of incentives motivate you as an affiliate? Have you ever won anything?
Last edited by michellerana on 07 Mar 10 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title

Cause Blogger: http://causeblogger.com

marcovandaar
Trust:
I didn't even know there was someting like a affiliate contest. Can you only find that on CJ?
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Sandra,
It depends on the bonus.
I don't really go for them myself.
If it's included in an offer that I already want to promote then great. It's a good side bonus.
Of course, if they offer a brand new Motorbike or something then that would sway me...lol

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

sandra72
Trust:
Marco -- I have usually seen them only from Oct-Dec and they are sponsored by the merchant, the affiliate management company and/or the portal (CJ, shareasale, etc.). If you are signed up for a particular merchant you'll usually find out about it. But I haven't been promoting consumer goods for awhile so haven't been in the loop.

Troy -- good point about it has to be something you would want to promote anyway. Whether its a prize or not, a new motorbike would be a good motivator to reach your goals. The last "prize" I offered myself was a new laptop. Reached the goal, now will be buying it soon!
Cause Blogger: http://causeblogger.com

marcovandaar
Trust:
Ok thanky for your reply, i think i will sign up some day
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
some products will do an affiliate contest during a product launch, or when they revamp their system. for example, Mark did one when they rereleased affiorama premium back in November. it is a way to give affiliates incentives to promote your product.

I recently set up a membership site, and I offered free lifetime access to my affiliate that made the most sales in the first month. we will see how it goes. So far I have two that are neck and neck...
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

This topic was started on Mar 06, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.