Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

What are your goals for the new year?

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:

What are your goals for the new year?

Hi Fellow Affilorama friends and family,

I hope you all have a happy and safe new year celebration.

Just wanted to stop by and give a short bit of advice real quick before I go off for the next day or so. A lot of people have been asking me questions about new years resolutions and goals for their business, so I thought I would throw this out there in public, and get some opinions from others as well as adding my own two cents worth.

When Making your new years goals, (if you waited until now to think about it, or need to revise what you have done) make them specific. I see a lot of people saying things like, "make my site successful" or "replace my job" . Now these are good goals to shoot for, but you need a measurable goal that you can reach. Exactly how much money do you need to replace your job? (HINT: Don't forget that you need to take business and income taxes into consideration here!) Set a dollar ammount so that you have something specific to measure your progress against.

Next, How are you going to get there? A goal (or resoulion) is nothing but a dream without a plan on how to achieve it. For example, you may decide you need $5,000 /month to replace your job. Ok, so what do you need to get there? You would need either one really awesome authority site, or you could go for multiple sites.

Think about this, If you had just 5 sites making $35/day, that would give you 5250/month. you would just over your goal.

Now, where are you right now towards reaching that goal? Maybe you could go a head and get all 5 jetpack sites onlilne and then you have the whole rest of the year to build links and get those sites to the point of making $35/day. Maybe you get them all online, so they are indexed and aging in search, and then pick one, focus on it till it makes 1 sale/week. then go on to the next and the next, on through your list. You will find that as the older sites age, they will rank faster once you start really building links to them, so it is in your best interests to get them online asap. besides, while they dance in the search engines for a few months, you might get a few sales anyway. (I did).

Of course, this is just a sample of what you could do. The important thing to remember, once you have a measurable goal, you can break down the math to figure out how to get there.

So good luck with your goal, and Be safe.

HAPPY NEW YEARS....
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Happy New Year, James and thanks for this post :)

I agree that you need to make your goals specific. It would also help if you re-read your previous goals to see how you did. Even if you didn't accomplish some (or all!) of your goals, you're probably a better person for trying. :)
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

This topic was started on Jan 01, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.