Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Product Owener Wants Me To Review His Product

nates450r
Trust:

Product Owener Wants Me To Review His Product

Hello everyone,

I was contacted a few days ago by a product owner, (mass email??) I don’t know

my website is a review style website in the weight loss niche. and when I do a new review I actually buy the product and have some of my team members test the program for 2-3 weeks. So then we can post actual real world reviews.

this is the first time I have been approached by a product owner to review his product. So, because my website is doing well all ready and im not actively looking for more products to promote, I asked for a copy of the eBook or program (free).

now I have no problem adding the product to my website (overall it looks good) but I feel the time to review it, add it to my website, etc...is worth a free copy of the program.

what do guy's think?
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I always request free review copies of products, outside the IM niche, I almost always get them. There is no problem with getting a free copy to review, but due to ftc regulations, make sure within your review that you notify your readers that you got a free review copy of the product.

I get review requests from time to time with my blogs. I always am willing to do the review, but I let them know that 1, I get full access to the product, and 2, my review will be based on my experience, and I wont promote something that I don't believe in to my readers. I have done a few (although not many ) negative reviews because of how bad the product was. It upsets some product owners when you do that, (especially if they give you a free copy), but I am blogging for my readers not for the product owner.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality

This topic was started on Dec 17, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.