Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

I Am Confused With Google Search Results

nates450r
Trust:

I Am Confused With Google Search Results

I like to check the standings of my websites in google about once a month, also the page analysis in TT.

So everything is good. I'm ranking well for the #1 search phrase that my websites homepage is built around,

every time before that i have searched on google the page comes up with the description under the blue url- (i just put a overall general description on the website -With the search phrase) and that has got the homepage ranking well. and everything's good-

So today i checked the standings again on google (with the same search phrase) found my website BUT the description has changed- description is the first few sentences of my webpage and not the the description i typed in while building the site.

now the confusing part:
when i type my website name in google it list my site with the correct discription
also TT page analysis list the same(correct) description that i have been using forever

my home page is the same as the search phrase

i checked my website description in my web design program and it still list the the correct description
faradina
Trust:
What's the search phrase and what's your domain name? You can PM those to me if you don't want to post it here.

This topic was started on Nov 27, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.