Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

How to stop bots from generating hops to Clickbank

PremiumMember
paradigmau
Trust:

How to stop bots from generating hops to Clickbank

I have a regular pattern, about once a week I get a spike in my Clickbank hops which is caused by some spider. To maintain accurate analytics of my hops versus's conversions I would really like to stop bots visiting my hoplinks.

For instance today I had visits from Googlebot, Yahoo and some unidentified bot. One of them certainly follows the hoplinks.
Interestingly I use php redirects for my hoplinks, which are stored in a redirects folder. That folder is disallowed in my robots.txt file.

Should I additionally rel nofollow my hoplinks or is my robots.txt disallow sufficient?

I guess if a spider ignores my robots.txt then it will probably ignore rel nofolllow also.

Any ideas?
Last edited by michellerana on 27 Jan 10 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

This topic was started on Jan 27, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.