Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Google and Video Sitemaps

smuigal
Trust:

Google and Video Sitemaps

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I got this email regarding a $77.00 (discounted) program that will create video sitemaps for you. Well, my gut told me this would not be a hard thing to do so I went to the webmaster tools area in Google and found the tutorial on how to do it.

http://www.google.com/support/webmaster ... er=80472#1

So, before you spend $77.00 on this program, you can simply read the how to on Google. It's a bit confusing and it took me a while to figure out it really isn't hard, I just had to read it a few times to figure it out. I have to say I was surprised at the price of this program. I do believe it is worth "something" to have a program that makes it really simple and will create the sitemap for you as well as submit it to Google, but $97.00 (his eventual price) seems way too high. I think if he had priced it at $24.00 I would have purchased it because I do like to automate everything I do. But it will only take about 5 minutes or less to do this once you get the hang of it.

Anywho... it's not hard, if you have videos on your site or blog, it's a great idea to create these video sitemaps as Google will actually list your video in the search results. You'll need to create a little thumbnail image, which is also super easy to do. They tell you the size required and everything else you need.

Hope I save some of you some buckaroos,
Chrisi
Need help? Looking for answers? I've coached 70+ students to 5 and 6 figure success. Private message me on FB for details on a one on one session for help knowing where to start your success or end your failure. https://www.facebook.com/netwoozy.gal

baparham
Trust:
Thanks for the post! I was just searching through Webmaster help for this very topic. It seems like a great way to get your pages listed at the top, with the other video results!

Cheers,
Brad

This topic was started on Jun 05, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.