Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Domain Name Misspelt-will this cause problems in the future?

cudjoe83
Trust:

Domain Name Misspelt-will this cause problems in the future?

Dear Friends,

Dear Mark and Co,

Mark, I need your kind advice. I have recently purchased a domain for adsense and amazon
widgets. Unfortunately for me, I did misspell the domain name. It has taken me over a month with correspondence between me and the registrar to discover the misspelling.

What I want is, the original name and the misspelt is not allowing the DNS to function, thus I can not upload to the hosting site. I now see I can not use this domain name as it will not reflect on the SEO or the concept of the business. Do you think by changing the domain name ... what I mean is, by using the misspelt name, people will still search for it.

The original name for the domain should have been BUSINESSSTARTNET.COM but its now BUSNINESSSTARTNET.COM. Can you advice me what to do as I have purchased this and can not change it in any way? I know I can delete the folder at the hosting site to put in this misspelt one to link up but will it be good for SEO?

You have a long experience in this field, that is why I want your kind advice in this matter.
What can I do?

Thank you and God Bless.

Respect
Nicholas
Last edited by michellerana on 02 Dec 09 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
The simplest thing to do will be to buy the correct domain name. It will be hard to establish your site as an authority site if your domain name is misspelt. It's also possible to lose your returning customers because they would most probably type in the correct spelling on the browser address bar and land on another site. Then that site will be the one who will get credit for the sales.
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

This topic was started on Dec 02, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.