Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Confused with Article Compare Tool's results

PremiumMember
strongfarmer
Trust:

Confused with Article Compare Tool's results

The AffiloRama Article Compare Tool really confuses me right now!

When I compare my rewritten article (reworded) with my original one I get = 88.74% different.

Then I make the same comparison with 2 other tools:
"http://www.wordsfinder.com/tool_duplica%20...%20hecker.php"
"http://www.affiliatearticlewriters.com/%20...%20ison-tool/"

The results I get there are the articles are almost 80% the same, and one of the sites states that anything above 80% might might be penalized as duplicate content!

AffiloRama Compare tool says: "Unchanged blocks of text are highlighted" and when I look at the highlights, I more believe that 80% of the text is highlighted and therefor duplicate content, but as I said before, the tool is stating 88.74% different!

Which one should I beleive?
Last edited by sydney on 20 Jul 10 1:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Url not found

PremiumMember
strongfarmer
Trust:
I found the answer:

Mark had already answered my question :)

MarkLing wrote:As far as I know, Affilorama's tool is based on the number of words in sequences that are different (ie not a single word by itself but a grouping of 2 or more words). Perhaps Dupfree pro calculates it by the number of duplicate words used, but doesn't take into any account the sentence structure.

I'm not sure as I haven't used Dupfree pro, this is just pure speculation on my part. All I know is that our tool doesn't just count the number of occurrences of each 'word' in the article and compare that against the other article. It takes into account the context and placement of the words within each sentence.

This topic was started on Feb 28, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.