Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Paying for CTR

nates450r
Trust:

Paying for CTR

Hi guys

as some of you might have read i am haveing a tough time with my CTR on my ppc campagin
once visiters get to my website there is about 35-45% CTR to the merchant.

however the CTR on adwords (to my site) are below 2%

would it be worth it to have someone on Elance write me a few ads that i could use on my campaign and see how they do ?
i am haveing a tough time laser targeting visiters.

would it be better to give them a list of keywords
or show them my landing page (and have them write ads based on the content)

it has taken sence Jan. but i am finaly getting my first CB check of $77.05
and like mark says i need to reinvest it.
thanks
johncrosbie
Trust:
Nate

Before you pay somebody to write your ads, how about trying this simple, free alternative:
* Search Google for your best keyword
* Check out the paid ads on the first page, and select the best headline and best Description 1 and best Description 2 and best display URL (i.e., cherry-pick the best of the best)
* Write 3 ads (that vary as much as possible) based on the best features of these first-page ads
* When each ad has at lesat 30 clicks, discard the loser (in terms of CTR or conversion rate, it's your call, and write a new ad
* Do this until you retire, or sell your site for a gazillion dollars.

Hiring a copywriter to write your ads is a bit like hiring a professional stud to make love to your wife. The pro will probably do it better... but sometimes it's better to do it yourself. And in the long-run, it's a lot more satisfying.

all the best

John
nates450r
Trust:
thanks i will try that

im just having a tough time with ppc its a struggle for me even with all the lessons on it
johncrosbie
Trust:
Check out Perry Marshall's definitive guide to adwords. It's pretty impressive. And -- at $49 -- it's a great investment.

I'd be happy to write a few ads for you. Just PM me with the link to your website, and include your best-performing ad, and I'll send you a few ads you can test and tweak.

all the best

John
nates450r
Trust:
ok thank you i will do that

This topic was started on Jun 23, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.