Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Traffic Travis - SEO Analysis Tool Settings

fuzzyhead
Trust:

Traffic Travis - SEO Analysis Tool Settings

Hi all,

I'm using Traffic Travis's SEO Analysis Tool to study the google's top 10 search results to different keywords, which is great, it's quick & gives me all the basic info I need but...

It only allows me to search google by country location, as in the United States, the UK etc.

Is there anyway I can set it just to give me the results for google.com?

Also, does anyone know were I could find the stats on the percentage of users in the United Kingdom that use google.com compared to google.co.uk?

I should think the majority of UK Google users are using .com as default & not .co.uk but it would be really useful to know the percentage.

Thanks for any help

Fuzzy.
chettvq24
Trust:
Hi Fuzzy,
From my understanding when you are selecting united states this is the same as the results of google.com.

I am not too sure on the stats of people using .com vs .co.uk. However if you go to the google keyword tool you can select u.k and it will give you the number of people searching for various search terms in the uk.

I think there are probably quite a lot of people from the uk who use google.co.uk. When I open my browser it goes straight to google.co.uk - I think a lot of people will just use it as is. I know I go to .com quite a lot but the prime reason for this is I do I.M, if I did not do I.M I would probably just be using the .co.uk which opens by default.

Hope this helps.
Chett
fuzzyhead
Trust:
Thanks for the reply Chett.

Unfortunately the United States settings on Traffic Travis doesn't show the same results as doing a search on google.com, I wish it did.

Still not sure about UK users using google.co.uk over google.com. Most of my UK friends use google.com but then again, most of them are geeks & therefore maybe not the typical user.

Thanks again.

Fuzzy
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
FuzzyHead wrote:
Unfortunately the United States settings on Traffic Travis doesn't show the same results as doing a search on google.com, I wish it did.

I also believe you'll get the same results on Google US and google.com. Can you please send your search parameters to http://www.traffictravis.com/help ? Sending us the URLs and screenshots of your search results would also help us resolve your problem.

FuzzyHead wrote:
Also, does anyone know were I could find the stats on the percentage of users in the United Kingdom that use google.com compared to google.co.uk?

I believe Google's support could give you this information: Google Contact Us :)

There was a blog written in 2008 which shows that google.co.uk had a market share of 75% while google.com had a market share of 15%. You can access it here: Google UK market share hits 90 percent

All the best!
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

This topic was started on Mar 15, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.