Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Keyword List Using Wordtracker

winford
Trust:

Keyword List Using Wordtracker

Hello!

I have a question about the following sentence: "Your aim is to find keywords that have the winning combination of being popular searches without too much competition."

My question is how to make that judgement? Is there some rule of thumb?

Winford
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
Hi Winford,

The rule of thumb is, you are looking for the widest ratio between the number of times searched and the number of competitors. The actual numbers will be relative to the size of your niche.

Another thing you have to consider is, you have to think like your customer. What words would they be using to search for my product. You can sometimes uncover words that your competitors haven't discovered yet.

Your goal is deliver traffic to your site and finding the right keywords that will generate traffic for you is most important, so use the numbers, use your creativity and use your instincts that should help you put together a good list.

Hope that helps,

PC
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
PC said it :wink:

Adrian,
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Another angle on competition for organic search engine results and SEO: Remember that you'll be able to topple most of the competition if you're doing things right. Most people are doing a half-arsed job. So don't consider the *amount* of competition as much as you consider the *quality* of the competition. (You'll find certain markets where people are putting in more effort, and certain markets where the competition is completely oblivious when it comes to SEO.)

Just keep that in mind. Don't discount particular keywords because there's a lot of competition. It might take a *little* more effort, but it's very possible.

Regards,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I've recently noticed what Mark has been saying in one of the niches I'm in. Theres a lot of sites to compete for, but a lot of them are actually pretty average sites. Makes me feel a lot more confident that I'll be able to beat them all in the end.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Wait a second... sean are you morry from WA?

Adrian,
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
The very same :)

I thought you already knew?
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
belgian
Trust:
I knew that from the first day I joined , but I guess Adrian is joking. :wink: