Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Facebook Games: Will this be a good niche?

technickul
Trust:

Facebook Games: Will this be a good niche?

Do you guys think a good niche would be facebook games strategy guides site? I found some products on clickbank that are selling pretty well.

Thanks,
Nick
Last edited by michellerana on 24 Jan 10 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hi Nick

Games that have a big following are often good niches (think World of Warcraft) as there are bound to be players who are mad keen on getting ahead and happy to pay for it - in fact theres a story going round of a saudi prince who was willing to pay $250,000 to be at the top of FarmVille, so there is money to be made.

Just make sure you do your research well and know your target market.
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

technickul
Trust:
I'm having trouble thinking of a domain for that. I was thinking something like facebookgamestrategyguides.com. But that seems a little long. I would like to have multiple facebook game strategy guides not just one particular game or is that a bad idea? Suggestions please

thanks!
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
technickul wrote:I'm having trouble thinking of a domain for that. I was thinking something like facebookgamestrategyguides.com. But that seems a little long. I would like to have multiple facebook game strategy guides not just one particular game or is that a bad idea? Suggestions please

thanks!

It would be good if your domain name is between 1-3 words long. Long domain names can be difficult to remember and harder to type into the browser's address bar. There is also a limit to the number of characters in the display URL of PPC so you might have a problem if you use a long domain name.

Use a .com extension since it is the most popular. If the .com is already taken, choose another domain name.

Here are some helpful tips on choosing a good domain name.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

technickul
Trust:
ok thank you! Do you think it would be best to have different affiliate websites for each facebook game or just one site for a few?
PremiumMember
ampie g
Trust:
If you want to establish expertise on the game, it may be a good idea to have separate ones.
faradina
Trust:
For a farmville site, it can be

farmvilleexpertguides.com
movingupfarmville.com
farmvilleexperts.com

Hurry up and register before I decide to register those myself LOL

Farmville is a very good game indeed. I play it myself and it hasn't ceased to amuse me.
technickul
Trust:
thanks faradina! I bought farmvilleexpertguides.com

haha I can tell its a good game all I ever see on my news feed is farmville stuff. But now it will have a different meaning I will be able to tell how many people are actually using it so I can use that to my advantage.
faradina
Trust:
So you do not play farmville? You really should now that you are about to enter that niche. Just so you know what to say in your articles :)
technickul
Trust:
I've played it for a bit I know what its about and how it works. also I have found some good articles from one of the people that sells a product for it and he actually has them for affiliates to use which is nice.
faradina
Trust:
Cool :)
carlmasure
Trust:
I hope you have not gone too far on this project yet. I would strongly advise against doing any facebook games that are created by Zynga, Inc.

affiliate-hangout/my-domain-has-been-suspended-for-copyright-complaints-t6623.html#p37937
technickul
Trust:
darn I didn't realize that :(.
stewshaw
Trust:
carlmasure wrote:I hope you have not gone too far on this project yet. I would strongly advise against doing any facebook games that are created by Zynga, Inc.

Thanks mate, you just saved me time and money from entering this niche. I can't see any future in pursuing a project if the copyright owner later decides to go after you. Especially one with deep pockets.

This topic was started on Jan 24, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.