Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Do you purchase the products you promote?

kurt
Trust:

Do you purchase the products you promote?

How do you all go about writing reviews for your affiliate products? I have been looking at other people's websites to see how they go about it, and the best reviews in my opinion are the ones were the person really seems to know the product. If the product is an ebook, they sound as if they've read it. They go into detail about what they liked about it, or what they supposedly got from it. Who knows maybe they did read all of the ebooks that they're reviewing. As for me, I really don't want to to have to take the time to actually read them all. That takes a lot of time and money. But if you don't read them, then how can you really give them a star rating or a good convincing review. You have to have information about these products, and if you don't get it from purchasing them, then where do you get it?

Come on, someone tell me a sneaky clever way around this problem.
johnnyboy
Trust:
Hi Kurt my name is john its unfortunate some times in order to write a great review you must purchase the product but keep in mine when you promote that product on your website and when you purchase it you get it at a discount. Also you have 30 to 60 days to review it and if its not what you expected to be you can return it for a full refund hope this helps.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Hey Kurt, outside of the IM niche, a lot of product owners will give you a free copy of the product as long as you are already promoting the products on your site. What I usually do is get a few articles online with my ads in place and email the product owners, sharing a link to a page on my site with ads for their product already in place. Then I ask for a review copy so that I can generate them even more sales, and give a brief rundown of how I plan to promote the site.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

jcdean
Trust:
It is against the law, FCC regulations any way, to falsely represent a product.

For a digital product you really should buy it or get a review copy.

For physical products you could just do a review of reviews from feed back at amazon.
Respect,
JC Dean

cecille.l
Trust:
Most companies offer affiliates review copies, or a discount when purchasing the product. You can then review it and then return it if you you prefer. I guess a "sneaky" way of going about product reviews is, as JC mentioned, a "review of reviews/feedback". You read all reviews/feedback on the product available, then form your own opinion/review from that. Without having to purchase the product.
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

valcine
Trust:
Kurt, for my site I offer my affiliates free samples to write reviews for me. I know that a review that is in-depth and detailed further boasts the consumers confidence in the reviewer which generates me higher revenue. It's worth it to me as a business owner. Of course, my products are consumable products and not digital, so I am speaking on a specific market.
kurt
Trust:
Awesome. Thanks for all the advice. I'm glad that some of you experienced people stick around to help us newbies.

This topic was started on Jun 11, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.