Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

Submitting 2-part articles to article directories

snikadin
Trust:

Submitting 2-part articles to article directories

Hello everyone!
I'm in the middle of writing my articles and have written close to 20 so far. I did my market research very well and I'm confident in my chosen keywords. I know that Mark says that if you have keyword synonyms, you can post 2*500 word articles and link them together. I've done this for 5 of my articles but I'm a bit worried now.

The reason for this is that I will now have a 2 part article. What happens when I want to spin the article and submit it? Can I submit the 2 different posts as 2 different articles? The second will just start with a short bolded text saying something like "note: this is part 2 of my article on X, click the following link to read part 1 'X keyword synonym'. Will article directories accept these 2 parts since I guess I want to target both of my keyword synonyms? Have you got any ideas on how I should approach this problem?

Also, another question I have is if you recommend making links of specific keywords? I have a wp plugin called AFlinker which includes many different functions and one of them is to search my website and replace any word variation I want (such as "affiloblueprint review" or "cheap computer speakers" and make affiliate links out of them. Do you recommend such an approach?

Thank you very much!
Last edited by michellerana on 09 Feb 10 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

faradina
Trust:
What I do with two-part articles is either of the following:

1. just submit the two parts together to the directory

2. submit the first part to the directory and include a link to second part of the article on my own site.

Varying the anchor text of your affiliate links are a very good idea but you should make sure that the anchor text use or include the keywords that you are targeting.
snikadin
Trust:
hi faradina! thank you for your reply but I'm not really following. If i do point 1.
do you mean that I should make the 2 part article a single article and post the entire lenght (500+500=1000 words) as a single article or do you mean that I should post article part 1 and then article part 2? If I just compile it to a single article, how will I make sure that I get backlinks to both keywords? That was the sole reason I made a 2 part article, to target 2 keyword variations so I could rank high for both and get traffic fromboth keyword variations. If I submit it as a single article, the link I will have at the end of the article will only link to 1 of my keyword variations and only get me 1 backlink instead of 2.

If I do point 2. as you suggested "submit the first part to the directory and include a link to second part of the article on my own site" I will only get a backlink to part 2=only getting linkjuice to 1 of my 2 keyword variations meaning that the other keyword variation will not be ranking high on google. Which kind of defeats the purpose of writing a 2-part article in the first place.

Thank you!
snikadin
Trust:
Could anyone help me by bringing some light on this topic? Maybe I've completely misunderstood this and we're not doing article submissions for the backlinks :S

This topic was started on Feb 08, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.