Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

How to monetize recipe sites and duplicate content issues

chants
Trust:

How to monetize recipe sites and duplicate content issues

Hi. I have a couple of recipe domains and ideas for recipe sites. Does anyone have any ideas about how to monetize recipe sites - since the recipes themselves are free. Also I understand that all recipes are free to use on the internet - ie not copyright- but how does one avoid duplicate content issues . I also have this question related to other sites. If I sell the same inventory on different sites does this count as duplicate content ? - I cant imagine so since there are many people selling the same products onlines on different sites. Any ideas ? Thanks
PremiumMember
crystal01
Trust:
Hi Chants,

I doubt that selling the same inventory on different sites counts as duplicate content. It is what has been written on the sites that is taken into account.
chants
Trust:
Hi . Thanks a lot - thats what I think as well. Does anyone have any ideas about how to monetize recipe sites ?
PremiumMember
crystal01
Trust:
Hi Chants,

You are welcome.

Aletta should come on board to answer this question - she is into "pie recipes". ;)

Are you a member of Affiloblueprint? I think recipes were mentioned in one of the videos in Week one. I would follow the AB's tips and hints and create an AB website to monetize recipe sites.

Our Adsense sites were burned by Google last year so we are working on creating AB sites.
chants
Trust:
No - unfortunately I havent been able to afford affiloblueprint yet. I am quite cash strapped.
PremiumMember
crystal01
Trust:
Hi Chants,

I hear you!! Most people are quite cash strapped these days. How about working your way through the free lessons? Perhaps read this: new-to-affilorama/i-ve-just-joined-affilorama-where-do-i-start-t1722.html
smuigal
Trust:
Hi Chants,

If you go clickbank you'll find a variety of ebooks based on some type of healthy eating plan that involves recipes. There are some for weight loss of course, but I have seen some for other ailments like yeast infections and other heath issues. You can promote those on your sites.

You can also look up things that go along with cooking like maybe some juicers and other kitchen products. If you have a blog you can set up automated amazon posting using keywords you feel are related. You can also pull in ebay ads. WPRobot.net has these for sale. I know you're strapped for cash so you could by one at a time. I believe you'll have to spend about $30.00 for just amazon plugin because you also have to have the main program plugin in order for them to work.

I personally have amazon, ebay, flickr and um... oh, they give you clickbank for free. But I get annoyed at the clickbank ads because many times they add in the affiliate info even when you tell it not to.

I have "yet" to ever make any money in Amazon, but I am new to the plugins and people are seeing tiny profits from Amazon sales in blogs with these plugins.

Oh, you can also offer advertising if you have good traffic.

Just a few ideas,
Chrisi
Need help? Looking for answers? I've coached 70+ students to 5 and 6 figure success. Private message me on FB for details on a one on one session for help knowing where to start your success or end your failure. https://www.facebook.com/netwoozy.gal

chants
Trust:
Thanks a lot for the help.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I have a cooking site where i post recipes and cooking tips and advice. I have it monetized with a few cookbooks i found on clickbank, and cookware products on Amazon.
Amazon commissions are low, but you get decent commissions if you go for the higher end stuff like kitchen apliances, and cookware sets.

I make 1 or 2 sales a week of them through the site, and i don't really promote it that much. mostly built up an email list, and market to them as well as sharing cooking tips and reicipes that i find and like.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

This topic was started on Apr 29, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.