Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Wordpress Help Videos

mack45
Trust:

Wordpress Help Videos

Hi I am having problems with time and following the course. I know word press has a lot of how to videos on things like what to do to make a page a home page or how to upload a template.
I think it would be a great Christmas present to us new to the boot camp to see a list of the help videos. Just the links would be great.
I just love the boot camp but find it hard to find time to go through ninety minutes of video to find one little part of how to. I just have to say in all the short courses I have seen this is the best buy a mile.
I have not got to the seo but its got to be more than anything out there to get ranking for some of the keywords Mark picked I am so tempted to jump ahead. I already have some good seo talent and have sites on Google page one.
Merry Christmas All and thank you for the support it is so rare to find and I for one really think its awesome.
Last edited by michellerana on 21 Dec 09 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

Pro at basic WP and keyword research willing to [email protected]

faradina
Trust:
I do not know of any wordpress help videos but all you need to know about wordpress are on the WordPress.org Codex
superaff
Trust:
Hey Mack,

As for the time, I suggest you take notes while you are watching the video. Make sure you take a note of the EXACT time for a given task. Like this, it will be easier for future reference.

To your success
Franck
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html

awodecki21
Trust:
Hi mack,
I find this very helpful
cheers
alfred
awodecki21
Trust:
Sorry, Here is the link
http://www.1stwebdesigner.com/wordpress ... ollection/
smp063
Trust:
Thankx Alfred great link. Problem is spent too much time browsing through all the info there:))) Oh Well!! Onward & upward.
All you need to know when planning one of the most important times of your life http://www.squidoo.com/preparing-your-body-for-pregnancy

mack45
Trust:
Hi I bought the videos all thirteen for under ten dollars. This should save me a hundred stupid questions in the forum.
I also found that with Artisteer the time and date are easy to opt out of in the theme building site.
So thank you for the link to the wordpress videos. I think these are the answer for new site builders with Word press .
So the help is greatly appreciated as always this gives me an of and running start to making cash in the new year.
Will until the next great computer generated hangup.

PS: Are we having fun yet.
There are some how to videos that I found some where in the wordpress FAQ site for adding domains and adondomains and subdomains. I wish I had kept the link most of that stuff is basic for me now though but others may need it.

tangoshoes
Trust:
Whenever I need to do something new I always go to youtube and try and find a video for it. Just a tip I've learned. I had never worked with wordpress before the blog bootcamp I've always used dreamweaver so before webinar #2 I went to youtube and fond some videos that familiarized me with wordpress before the webinar.
Free AMA alternative:
http://www.freetrafficsystem.com/a.php?p=15706
Outsourcing for $200/mo 40hr/week:
http://store.replacemyself.com/?aid=3884

mack45
Trust:
Yes I will have to remember that I have done the same before but forgot to try you tube this time. Thank you very much for the reminder. I find it so easy to forget the small stuff when learning so much so fast.

PremiumMember
awyatt2010
Trust:
awodecki21 & mack45 you are lifesavers. I have been putting off working on a new WP site I have because I hadn't a clue. Thanks!
mack45
Trust:
awyatt2010 Hi never hold back on asking questions that's what these forums are best for. I know I was the same when I started it took forever to get the answers figured on my own. Have a great new year.

jpeguero
Trust:
Hi everyone!
After installing affiloblueprint wordpress theme... i can't get in on the admin section. help.
mack45
Trust:
When you install it are you already in word press or you have to go to login to your dashboard you should have this bookmarked. then go to themes on the right hand side once in themes you have to activate the theme. Then set up the header in there ,this is where I needed the videos to learn how to use posts and pages You still will need plug ins but they are easy to load. I have a list of mine if you want.

mack45
Trust:
Hi a trick I learned for loading plug ins. I just copy the name and search it up in the wordpress plugin page and load it from there the load is on the right of the screen. the reason is I tried to save them on my computer and just up load as needed but a lot of times they would become corrupted because they tend to use a lot of code and it gets screwed up in the transfer. The other benefit is if the plug in is updated and they tend to be quite often you get the latest version this way.

This topic was started on Dec 21, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.