Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Will Changing My Title Tags Affect Rankings?

PremiumMember
cat07
Trust:

Will Changing My Title Tags Affect Rankings?

I'd like to change the title tag in the All In One SEO Plugin to display differently in the tabs.

Will this affect rankings?
cecille.l
Trust:
Yes, it will, if your title tag contains target keywords then changing the title might change the keyword density for that page/site.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

PremiumMember
cat07
Trust:
I'll be keeping my keywords but just changing what follows, for example:
Yeast Infection Symptoms | 10 Natural Cures and wanting to change it to just Yeast Infection Symptoms.

In that case would it hurt?
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Title tags have SEO benefit if it contains your keywords. Although title tags might not be as important as they once were, it still helps in getting top rankings. Changing them is fine just as long as you keep your keywords on it. :)

Your title tag should read like an ad text headline (short and terse). They should have less than 12 words in length. It is recommended that you use your keyword phrase only once in a title tag so try to avoid repeating keywords unless you are trying to target a slightly different keyword phrase.

Google reads a maximum number of 70 characters in a title tag. Anything beyond that will not be counted as title tag content and will not be displayed in SERPs.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

ghost don
Trust:
Title is very important and every one should keep this in that.If you change your title that might affect your ranking.If you use keywords in the phrase then it's good.

__________________________________________________________________________________
Joomla Templates | Website Templates | CSS Templates

thel.online.ph
Trust:
Changing your title tags will surely affect your rankings because you will be changing the most important SEO tags for any site. Title tags is an important part of search engine optimization. The text included in the title tag is also the text that will appear in the SERPs.

Search engine spiders use title tags as the main source for determining the page topic. Crawlers will examine the title and translate the topic of the page. That's why it is important to use your keywords in the page title, and place them close to the beginning of the title as posible.
jpastorizo
Trust:
I agree with thel.online.ph. One of my sites was ranked #4 for the main targeted keyword phrase. When I changed the title tag it jumped to #3 in the rankings after about a couple of days.
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

corall15018
Trust:
Title is very important as it gives an idea of what would be the content and attracts viewers. It works just like the headlines in a newspaper which attracts us towards a topic and encourages us to read it. Your topic should be in sync with content written below because if this is not there then the viewers would leave the content in between without reading it completely and shift to some other topic. Title also helps to attract search engines towards our data so it should not be neglected and chosen wisely.

This topic was started on Jun 15, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.