Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Who's best for Hosting in the UK?

xman1970
Trust:

Who's best for Hosting in the UK?

Hi All,
I'm new to all this and I would like to start with the basics. Who's the best to use for hosting :?: Whether it's a one page landing page or the size of amazon.co.uk who can you recommend :?: Am looking for php and mysql as standard. Idealy it would be a UK host. Many thanks to anyone who takes the time to reply...
PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
Mark has provided us with some hosting,go here:

https://www.affilorama.com/hosting/
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Why do you want a UK host? Any host can do. Let me know and I'll get back to you.
xman1970
Trust:
Cheers adrian, I'm from the uk some if push comes to shove I can call them...
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I've used the affilorama hosting and it's fine. I'm afraid I can't help you with any UK hosts though.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

videoman
Trust:
Hi xman,
I'm a fellow brit but live here in spain.
I use godaddy and haven't needed to phone them the interface is pretty obvious even for me, but before I signed up I phone them a few times to check out their tech service.

BUT i didn't use my phone, I am in the mountains of spain and do not have any telephone lines. but have NOW got a pure wifi internet connection from the next village 15 klm away (wasn't cheap).
So having just an internet connection I use my video email account for video email and 4 way video conferencing. and when I want to make a phone call from my computer to a regular phone I use http://www.voipcheap.co.uk works similar to skype which i also use, the prog is free but it does limit your free calls to 1 minute. But if you put credit on it then you can make free calls to a LOT of countries including all UK fixed phones and US fixed and mobile phones (even OZ and new zealand! Mark). I Tip if you don't want to pay vat register in US but if you want a free uk phone nº like me register in Uk and pay the vat (worked when I joined). As long as you have a good broadband connection it's as good as a normal phone but they say it will work from a dial up connection! well it does but couldn't recommend it.
I have an office in the next village and I used to spend about 150 € in consumption a month on the phone since I used this my actual consumption has been about 2€. I put 10 pounds credit every 4 months and have to find things to phone:-)) to use the credit up.
Saludos Ian
axe
Trust:
I've got 4 hosts, 3 are resellers.

These guys are easily the best:

*broken link*

The support is incredible. I think the longest
I've had to wait for a reply from support is 4 minutes.

They have been 100 times more helpful
then the next best webhost I've ever had.

I have yet to experience any downtime and
my server is smokin'.

Reseller is 10,000 MB space and 100G Bandwidth!

It comes with free billing software and merchant
account (I already had one) but it's available for
no set up fee.

Add 2 IP's and you've got the best deal I've ever
found.

When I was first looking for another host, I came
accross them on the SE, but they were so new
I couldn't find one review on them anywhere.

(I'm really hesitant to go with a host that wasn't
a referral), so I tried thier "live chat". I grilled
'em for about 30 minutes, and dicided to go with them.

(More because of thier 45 day garantee, best I've seen)

I'm a huge fan. They've been great and I
couldn't be more happy.

Hope this helps.

-Tom
Last edited by michellerana on 26 Feb 10 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove broken link