06 Aug 13 12:05 pm
The site is looking great! Some of my suggestions may be a bit "going ahead" since I know you're still going over the Affiloblueprint videos, but I think it's best you know them beforehand:
- Tweak the header so that it doesn't repeat on the right side. Change the maximum width to 960 instead of 980 in the Header Settings as the header creator's maximum width for this child theme is only 960. This is an issue with the header of this child theme and our developers are working on a fix.
Another option is to make sure the header is set to No Repeat - Right so that the header image is not repeated.
- Keep the ads on specific parts of the site only like on one of the sidebar and the start of each post. The ads on the footer bar aren't looking too good. I suggest you take them off there since the same ads are showing on other parts of the site anyway and use footer aside/widgets on that area instead.
- The opt-in form at the top of the right sidebar is enough. I suggest you make the opt-in form enticing by letting users know what they can gain from signing up to your newsletter. Will they get daily updates to the site? Will they get helpful info on how to lose weight? Adding a freebie like a report or eBook would help to get more users to sign up.
- Article Categories Widget on the left sidebar is redundant as on top of it are the categories. You can put another ad here or another widget.
- There is no need to put the same menu right before the footer. You can place a custom menu within the footer using a widget. Or maybe a list of resources, or a brief text about your site.
- Place an FTC Disclaimer on the footer.
- Some, if not all, of your articles are from other sites. Make sure to mention your sources and include a link back to your source. You might also want to make your articles more creative and personal. Instead of saying "Here is a great article I found from ... ", you can say "Like you, I've tried different diets to keep myself in shape to no avail.I was not on the look out for a new one having failed at my last attempt, but this new diet program I came across today looked promising. " Then you copy/paste the article.
- Use appropriate images on the site and make sure they have appropriate alt tags. Images help break blocks of text, making the articles look reader-friendly.
That's all for now. Hope that helps.
Have a good day!