Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Webhost - Where's cpanel?

icj1
Trust:

Webhost - Where's cpanel?

Towards the end of lesson 2 (of the 6 part quick guide video set), Mark explains that I should be able to find "cpanel" in the info that I get with my webhost (Hostway). please can anyone explain or expand on this? Seems slightly odd, since cpanel is a host in its own right...

The only info i have from my host (Hostway) is ns1 and ns2.

icj1
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Usually you can find it at yourdomain.com/cpanel
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

icj1
Trust:
Unfortunately I can't do a screenshot to demonstrate; but when I type http://www.mydomain.com/cpanel into my browser, all I get is basically a page from my host displaying all the relevant categories that apply to my domain name. No logon prompt or anything similar.
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
I have a couple of hosts and access to the control panel is different for each. One is like Sean showed you the other is another URL entirely. You may want to just contact your host's service department or check in your "welcome" email when you signed up, the info is probably in there. 8)

Promo
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
One thing I do if I don't know where it is, is have a look at your folders in your ftp program, sometimes it's listed there.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Just email your webhost and ask their support staff. They'll get it sorted out in no time.
icj1
Trust:
Thanks all. I'm now copy-catting Mini course lesson 2 vid and going the godaddy / hostgator etc. route