Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Web design help for pregnancy/baby site - Where do I start?

kevin1234
Trust:

Web design help for pregnancy/baby site - Where do I start?

hi mark
ive just registered my domain nanme with nameboy and im try to build a site.Ive picked the topic of babies/pregnancy.Ive been looking at other sites and it seems that those sites a very big, im trying to get started puting one page up and add as i go .but im not sure how i would aproach this, or should i be doing all the pages at once. the first page is the home page so do i put every thing down the side with links that dont exist yet.or do i leave it out and have one article.If you could look up pregnancy and have a look at those sites youll know what im trying to achieve.but i would like to have something in progress trying to make alittle money rather than spending months getting a web site like that together. do you have any thoughts on this.I have dreamweaver and am still trying to workout how to import a web template from a rar file to work with,that one of your members let us have.thanks kevin1234
ps whats silo web pages mean and how do u get fancy lettering on headers ect
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Hi Kevin,

This is mostly for SEO purposes: I'd suggest you base your website around what people are wanting. Optimise your homepage for the main 2-3 keywords.

Then find 2nd tier keywords. These will be keywords that aren't as competitive, but don't have as high a search volume as the tier one. These are what your category pages should be about.

Your third tier will be about specific products or articles etc etc.

I suggest a thorough plan before you put your site together as you will save yourself a lot of time.

As far as siloing goes, watch Marks interview of Charles Heflin, he goes into more detail than I could here.

Fancy lettering on headers, I usually create these in photoshop, but if you don't know how to do this, you may way to consider having an elancer do them. You should get some graphics designed for $60 or so, depending on what you want, of course.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
kevin1234 wrote:hi mark
ive just registered my domain nanme with nameboy and im try to build a site.Ive picked the topic of babies/pregnancy.Ive been looking at other sites and it seems that those sites a very big, im trying to get started puting one page up and add as i go .but im not sure how i would aproach this, or should i be doing all the pages at once. the first page is the home page so do i put every thing down the side with links that dont exist yet.or do i leave it out and have one article.If you could look up pregnancy and have a look at those sites youll know what im trying to achieve.but i would like to have something in progress trying to make alittle money rather than spending months getting a web site like that together. do you have any thoughts on this.I have dreamweaver and am still trying to workout how to import a web template from a rar file to work with,that one of your members let us have.thanks kevin1234
ps whats silo web pages mean and how do u get fancy lettering on headers ect

Hmmm, I wouldn't get dissappointed if you don't start earning right away. I tell everyone it takes at least a good 5 months before you see any great results in the search engines. Your only alternative to earning money right away is with PPC but you can also lose money in PPC as well. I suggest you take your time and build a proper site that will last you forever.

Header graphics are done with Adobe Photoshop CS.

Adrian,
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
It's good to get your index page up and linked to as quickly as you can, since it starts the domain's aging process. I wouldn't link to things that don't exist yet. Just get together your articles as quickly as you can. Your site doesn't need to be as huge or comprehensive as these other sites, but I'm thinking at least 30 articles is a good start.

Make sure you watch the 90 day roadmap videos. These take you through exactly what you should be doing week by week.

Watch the interview with Charles Heflin and read the notes that come with it if you want to know about siloing. It's to do with the structure of your site and how you link everything together, and it's pretty important.

Graphics can be created with many image editing softwares. Take a look around and find one you like. Photoshop is good, but super pricey. The Gimp is like Photoshop but free. Otherwise (if you're not up for learning ANOTHER software) just get them designed for you. Talk to a local design school, or find an Elancer.

Good luck!
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

kevin1234
Trust:
thanks for your input.just one other thing ive been through 90% of your videos and lessons .about siloing the site properly all the pages will be using words like baby,pregnant,nutrition ect will that cause bleed through if so im not sure how will stop this from happening.cheers kevin
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Thats ok, as long as you're pages are still on topic, you'll be ok. Google has the technology to work out whether you're still talking about the same thing.

If you start talking about nutrition for bodybuilding purposes, that would be a different story.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world