Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

uploading free report

wen
Trust:

uploading free report

Hi, I'm trying to upload the free report to the website for people to download once they signed up, aweber is asking me for a page URL, how can I upload the report so it's hidden from the main page? Thanks heaps.
PremiumMember
afser92
Trust:
Hi Wen:
You have to first download an ftp plugin to transfer files for sharing. Here's the step process I took...
1. Open your admin page
2. Go to plugins on dashboard
3. Add plugin
4. In search box type: my ftp plugin
5. It should show up as the first plugin
6. Click on download or select (can't remember here)
7. File should auto paste into box, then click install.
8. Go to plugin again and activate.
9. It should show in your Settings now as "My FTP.
10. When you click on this, it will ask for host, username and password.
11. The only thing I don't know is the host name which we need to find out.

Hope this helps.

Rad
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
actually what aweber is looking for isnt the download itself it is the download page, \

you just need to go create a page and name it download or confirmed or something and then publish it. mark will show how to set it all up in the live training.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

wen
Trust:
Thanks afser92 & jmpruitt for your help, it's useful to know that we could add a ftp plugin in wp.

I've created a private thank you page for Aweber and loaded the ebook as a media, thanks heaps guys. :-)
nelsencaleb
Trust:
I did this once when I was working on a website for someone. It's very easy using html. It's just like making a link actually.

<a href="pdfishere.pdf">Click here to download the pdf</a>
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
heheh caleb, he was asking how to upload the pdf to link to.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

ernievmartinez614
Trust:
I can't move on the set-up of my websites. When is the second live training webinar? When will Mark post the first recorded live webinar?

Ernie
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Ernie,

If you are referring to the Jetpack sitbuilding webinars, the first two can be found in the same place where you would have registered for them. Scroll down the member's page and in the "resources' area, you should be able to find the link for it.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

This topic was started on Jul 29, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.