Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Trying to upload large files

PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:

Trying to upload large files

I'm trying to upload large video files to my domain. I've zipped them up and it's taking forever or not at all to get them up there. I'm using SmartFTP. I'm wondering what my settings should be ASCii , Binary, Auto, and where should the Passive position be? :?

Thanks,
PC
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
I would assume the normal of ASCI is it? Would do just fine.... videos just take a while to upload :D
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
thanks Adrian at least I know I'm going in the right direction. Do you know what the Passive button is and where should it be?
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Passive button? Honestly never heard of it... unless you are meaning passive FTP.... Do you mean that? (Don't know why ftp is linked)
PremiumMember
promocode
Trust:
It's a button after Auto it says passive mode... I left it off. It did finally load after a jog around the block :lol: Thanks!
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Yeh, when you're used to being able to download stuff at 500kb/s, only being able to upload at 20kn/b can get pretty frustrating :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
promocode wrote:It's a button after Auto it says passive mode... I left it off. It did finally load after a jog around the block :lol: Thanks!

Jog around the block? You shouldn't be running until you read my Ebook....... I'll give you a special price :) I joke...... I need to exercise more too :)