Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Site articles wont display.

centurian
Trust:

Site articles wont display.

I put up my first site to see what it would look like on the net and I find it doesn't work. The site is up but when I click on an article from the lefthand panel I get this:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':' in /home/fabian/public_html/the-appeal-of-a-butterfly-tattoo-design.php on line 35

The site is far from complete, but I'd like to know whats wrong with it now, before I complete it and have to come back here and ask again.

The url is: internettattoos.com

I followed Marks video series in Affiloblueprint to the leter using Xsite Pro 2 (Starting week 5 at the moment).

Thanks a lot.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
I suspect that you have pasted content from MS Word into XSitePro. This inserts bizarre characters that tend to throw it for a spin when you turn the pages into PHP and shows as a parse error.

Try inserting your content again from scratch. Take the text for your articles and paste it into Notepad first. (Start > Programs > Accessories > Notepad or similar). Then copy the text from Notepad and paste it into XSitePro. This will remove any fancy formatting that Word has put in there.

Make sure you do this for every page that is giving you the error.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

linconian
Trust:
Thanks Michelle
I thought the problem was in the pages being saved in PHP instead of HTML. I change it back to HTML and everything worked fine.

I'm still setting up the site as you suggested and will change back to PHP before I publish.

Whats already up on the web is only a few of the articles, so I could see what the site looked like.

The preview button on Xsite Pro doesn't work properly when you have the PHP format on.

Thanks anyway for your help.
Michael

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Hi Linconian,

Are you using the latest version of XsitePro? If not, please upgrade to version 2.501.

If you continue to have problems after making the changes, please send an email to Affilorama support.

Take care!

Kind regards,
Michelle
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

This topic was started on Mar 28, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.