Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Review my website please, what do you think?

nates450r
Trust:

Review my website please, what do you think?

Hello everyone, i am asking for some advise or anything that can help my site out
the url is http://www.abdominalsuccess.com
now i know there could be some improvement, but before you start grilling it let me give you some stats.

i am using ppc for my traffic source, however i am getting tons of organic search traffic also
around 60% of the daily traffic is infact organic. it is ranking on 1st-3rd pages of google and yahoo for the main keywords/phrases. on its own, i have not done really any seo.

i would say 50% of the daily traffic is clicking through to the mechant,
this site is somewhat still new (launched in jan) and it is bringing in sales slowly.

i have added some stuff regarding the FTC but the traffic CTR has not really been effected so thats ok
my sort term goal is to get 1 sale per 100 visits, to date i have made 10 sales.
so thats about 1-1/2 sales a month its not the best but its consistant LOL.

the site has 2 products on it and i am using 2 adgroups 1 for each testing landing pages,
adgroup 1 destination url=product 1-----adgroup 2 destination url=product 2.
Last edited by michellerana on 14 Oct 09 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

nates450r
Trust:
Im also going to be adding a review/comparision page that lists the 2 programs side by side in the near future.
Last edited by michellerana on 14 Oct 09 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

mortalengine
Trust:
Impressive, so far
Noticed your alexa stats ( which is just a guide) are at 9 miillion and have risen
I usually get my sites (although not as impressive as yours) to initially go from around 14mill to 1-2 mill in a month, that's where the work really begins
This seems strange if you get lots of visitors

That annoying pop up all the time? just want to view your content

Do you have a system set up to ping the SE ( wordpress does this so that is why new members should use it)?
If not add social bookmarking code and rss feeds
If you have not already done so submit to digg, twitter and propeller and other social sites for backlinks so you rank better

This is something all Affilorama members should do
Cant recall seeing it in the instructions, could be corrected here

This site went from 14mill to 2 mill in 4 weeks but only has about 10 unique visitors ( 214 hits) a day so far, but the content is original and indexed
http://sixpacksplan.com

Again you have done well and put a lot of work in, so would like to see you rate higher
The only things I would do is to add links to your affil images( some do not have them) and remove the -my affiliate id is linked to above image- tag and replace with appropriate text with your link

Maybe some of your content has been used before (ie Mike Geary articles) and has been indexed by google, though its not strictly a penalty they probably will not index again. Rewrite them in your words
Using this type of content is ok for ppc but not for return visitors

Your content is better, if you want others articles added to your site for content add wordpress to it google recognises this for what it is and regards it as dynamic content as you have put the work in

People are becoming more internet savy and when they see that you are not the authority on your site they smell sales pitch

OK maybe a bit long winded here, all the best
Last edited by michellerana on 14 Oct 09 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

nates450r
Trust:
thanks for the reply and advise
nates450r
Trust:
Ok, for those of you that don't know- my hardrive had to be replaced
believe me i almost had a heart attack because all my website data was on it--any way long story short im rebuilding each one. Losing all my data was a hard thing however i cant change the past so i looked at the silver
lining (start off fresh take my time and build the sites bigger and better than before)

Now for those of you that may have looked at my site before it had a red background. i mainly copy/pasted the article pages from my old site because it was still hosted on the internet. so now what do you think? www.abdominalsuccess.com
thank god my ppc campaign was not affected to much im still getting 80-90 % daily CTR to the merchants
nates450r
Trust:
I have made $250.00 with this website (pre hardrive crash) the new website is the same as the old (changed templete around a little) i cant figure out why if i was making sales before (pre hardrive crash) and am rebuilding the website the same as it was before why no sales now?
i am using the same ppc campaign as i did before.
wollowra
Trust:
This is a VERY competitive niche, so you need to play all your cards right.
Your site is an xsitepro template and that is fine but there may be other people in this niche using the same template.
These templates tend to look a bit less professional than custom ones do, but I do realize that this is all some people have to work with.

If you were getting sales before the template change and not now... then it would stand to reason to use the template you were using when you got some sales.
I also noticed that you have a lot of white space above the fold.
Try to put some content in there with a link to a product.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

nates450r
Trust:
"This is a VERY competitive niche"

I like to grab the bull by the horns. It just means i will need to work harder and therefor be a better marketer
heck the websites already ranking on google and yahoo (1st page) thats the hard part LOL
Last edited by michellerana on 14 Oct 09 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

wollowra
Trust:
Yep, I agree.
It is very competitive but doesn't mean we should all just give up..lol
We only want a small piece of the pie. ( Well a big piece would be nice too..lol)
Love your attitude.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

This topic was started on Aug 31, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.