Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Review my very first website!

gursimran
Trust:

Review my very first website!

Hey guys,

This is the very first website, I have ever made. I would appreciate a genuine feedback on how it looks and could perform as an affiliate marketing website? I have never tried any affiliate marketing before and am totally a beginner in this industry and website designing.

There are a lot of error codes which I am working out on and hoping to clean it up as soon as I can.

Also, what do you think about the niche? How and where can I promote my website? What kind of forums do you think it shall be able to generate a sale? Any and all ideas are welcome :)

Thanks in advance!

http://www.bankruptcyafter.com
shiva-yogi
Trust:
Design isnt bad, didnt check the SEO. One thing is the header text gets cut off as well as the google search widget on the side.

I dig the logo, usually amatuers don't design their own. Did you create the logo?
gursimran
Trust:
Yeah I did the logo, got something similar online and then re-edited it in photoshop. Took me at least 4 hours to create the logo itself. Thats pretty amateur, lol;)

Tried to fix the search engine thingie to the left but was not able to make it right. Will keep trying until the job is done the right way.
shiva-yogi
Trust:
about to fall asleep now, but if someone doesnt beat me to it, ill try to look at the code for the search widget and see if i can help ya
wollowra
Trust:
The Joomla Template is not bad but what is with all the ads?
Is this what you are aiming for? If so fine..but it doesn't really tell me what your site is about or does not direct me to a specific area or article.. my eyes jump all over the page.
If you are driving traffic to it then it needs to be targeted at the people landing on the site.
If they do not see any relevance to why they arrived there in the first place or they don't see a solution to their problem they will most likely just go away.

Also, that earn 106,223 in 29 days (umm yeah ok..lol) I clicked on it and got 2 very annoying pop ups and not only that, I had my speakers turned all the way up and almost visited the afterlife from the shockwaves of my speakers.. boy was that loud. Sorry but that was totally annoying.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

This topic was started on May 31, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.