Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Question On Website Promoting Affiliate Product

juderm
Trust:

Question On Website Promoting Affiliate Product

I already have an existing website almost about 15 years old already which is an art related niche. Now I signed up to an affiliate program promoting a physical new niche product. I created a page within this website promoting this new product. I placed this web page within my existing website and placed the necessary meta tags and keywords, links and content just for this page. I made a research of some buyer keywords in Goggle that are highly optimized just for this product. I also made the necessary SEO just for this. I did this to save time and the hassle of creating a new website.

Knowing all these info above, will my new page with this new product that I am promoting can still be ranked in Google even if I had it within my old existing website? Or should I make a new website just for this product? I need your opinion on this since I am new in this field. I will really appreciate any feedback. Thank you very much!
faradina
Trust:
The ranking of your new page will not really be based on the fact that your site is old but will rather be more on the quality of your content and its relevance to your targeted keyword.
juderm
Trust:
Thanks faradina! So in other words I can continue using my old website and put my new pages for my new affilliate products then. I look forward to your answer. Thanks again!
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
the age of your site will help, but it also depends on how much authority that site has. you can have a 15 year old domain, but if google doesn't like the site, it wont help your rankings much. But, the age factor will help the page to get faster rankings if you have some authority built on the domain.

Just dont expect high rankings simply because of the age of your site. post your affiliate reviews and build some good High quality links to those pages, and you should start to see it climbing the rankings.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

This topic was started on Mar 24, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.