Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

please review 2 year old website

nates450r
Trust:

please review 2 year old website

hello everyone

it's been a while but anyway i have continued adding content and building my (baby) website. everything i have learned i have put into this one website (like i said its my baby)

here are the lifetime stats of the website (2 years old) as of today oct,27 2010
clicks/visit's---- 10,453
sale's--- 54
i would say 50% of the clicks/sales came from ppc
i have stopped ppc to force myself to get better at SEO because i was not profitting from ppc

this is a weight loss website, im promoting a few products--i know there are a bazillion affiliates promoting waight loss but i have been able to succeed in this niche
tracking my stats daily i saw that people are only buying one product (the truth about abs)
so i started doing seo for the page on my site that reviews that program.

im getting search engine traffic to most of my articles also.

i have not used ppc for about 4 months and i continue to make sales, not as many (but all the traffic i get is free) there are about 50-100 clicks a day (mostly directly to the truth about abs page).

what i guess im asking is, do you think this site doing ok (based on sales/traffic? what are your opinions? anything i could improve/change.
IMO i think its a well rounded website

the website is www.abdominalsuccess.com
the page that i did SEO and made all my sales is ---www.abdominalsuccess.com/Truth-About-Abs-Review.html

thanks, Nate
kajm
Trust:
I am using google chrome and your page doesn't format properly. The middle column and right hand column overlap.
nates450r
Trust:
i wonder what could be causing that?? i dont know no one has ever had a problem before
lyndaj
Trust:
Hi Nate,

I'm seeing the same overlap as kajm with Chrome. Its fine though with Firefox.

Lynda
nates450r
Trust:
that means its not a problem with my website right? its a problem with chrome displaying the page correct??
nates450r
Trust:
ok back to my question about the stats of my website---when i was using ppc i was getting around 100-150 clicks a day and my ctr was around 75% (daily average) for the top keywords (i know this means it was really targeted traffic/KW) i was using---when i started doing my seo (kink building-back links ect...) i did so with the same kw i was using with ppc but my ctr has gone way down...can one of you affilo fanatics explain why this might be??
plam
Trust:
According to my knowledge need to some updation, i think need some changes in home page and color themes, like latest color combination and nice font styles. all over good one.
SEO Company

PremiumMember
norms
Trust:
I use Firefox and your site loads fast and there are no function issues. I like your colour scheme... your top header could be reduced (maybe a a third less)
Your headline to me is weak. While it informs and has little hype (which is good) it doesn't give me a clear benefit on why I should continue. The word "learn" for example implies work... who wants to study? If you were a first time visitor why would they want to stay on your site. The answer should be in your headline... same goes for each page the reader visits.
Much success.
nates450r
Trust:
Thanks for all the replies, keep them coming.
sabanmaklayin
Trust:
Nice one, it is perfect website as per your product, nice look out and nice web page as well, interesting article. and good detailing of products.
social bookmarking service | article submission services | directory submission services | Press Release Distribution service

PremiumMember
adminscott
Trust:
I like it as you tell the visitor "what, how, why, and where" it's not overkill, or overwhelming. nice balance. I should be happy if I had that nice balance on mine. Great work!
PremiumMember
adminscott
Trust:
i went ahead and watched your "truth about ab's" sales video. I think you should have some sort of photos showing before and after the program. because all along you show no pictures, yet when the bonuses part comes, then you show pics. so myself as a customer would be thinking "why didn't he show me what he looked like, or what his ab's look like now. also the part about "when you get this turn to page (72 I think it was) and see the foods or diet that will make you feel great and energetic" something like that. anyways, it would be a great place to say " I don't know why it's not page 1 !" but then again, it might be picking apart the product. Over all it had me wanting to get the product if I was ready for that type of product. I hope it helps.

This topic was started on Oct 27, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.