Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Optin Box Generator vs Pop-Over Generator - Which is best?

sportakus
Trust:

Optin Box Generator vs Pop-Over Generator - Which is best?

I would like to capture email addresses on my site. Can someone explain the difference between the Affilorama Optin Box Generator and the Affilorama Pop-Over Generator. I am using a word press blog and would like to use one but am a little confused as to which one is best for word press or for capturing customers names and email. I did not use the Affilorama Theme so I'm not sure if it makes a difference as to which is better or which one can be added to my site. Also, Mark mentioned something in the Blogging boot camp about getting something created for his flight simulator site because you can't add one to the sidebar or something like that? Any help would be appreciated.
Site Admin
simonslade
Trust:
The optin box generator is for embedding a newsletter sign up box within a page, which you might have on every page of your website on any pages that you wish to capture email addresses of potential leads.

You can see an example of this here: http://www.kingdomofpets.com/dogobedien ... ecrets.php

The pop-over generator pops up on specific pages you wish it too and can be delayed for a certain time (ie. if a visitor hits a page you might show it 45 seconds after they land on that page) and on another page you might show it immediately when they land on that page.

You can see an example of this here: http://www.salehoo.com/learn-more (might have to wait a few seconds)

The 2nd option generally has a higher opt-in rate but should be used wisely so its not annoying to your potential customers.

You should also back it up with really good offer to give them reason to enter their email. I would only enter my email if I wanted whats on offer, not just because you say 'hey give me your email ....'

Hope that helps.
Add us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

sportakus
Trust:
Great post and examples. Thank you! Do you have any idea how or does anyone else know how to place them in a Wordpress blog. Do you just cut and paste into html?
green6771
Trust:
Hi there,

Re the opt in box, Aweber will generate the code which you can paste into wordpress as widget (text).

Re the pop over, I noticed Mark has a wordpress plugin on the Affilorama site to generate the popover. I haven't used this yet myself but intend to do so soon.

Hope that helps,
Jesse
dozer3060
Trust:
I have the plugin for the popover box but I can't get it to work on my site does anyone have any walk though guide on how to set it up? I have the full affilorama course so if its in there can ou let me know.

Thanks

mike
Stop creating your backlinks and online content the slow way. Automate hours of tedious tasks and get on with your life. Try for FREE for 7 days.
http://easynichemarkets.com/recommends/topSEO.html

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
dozer3060 wrote:I have the plugin for the popover box but I can't get it to work on my site does anyone have any walk though guide on how to set it up? I have the full affilorama course so if its in there can ou let me know.

Thanks

mike

The lessons on popovers are in Affiloblueprint Week 9 lessons 3a (XSitePro) and 3b (WordPress).
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

trevor weir
Trust:
Michellerana, does this mean that affilorama jetpack individuals have access to the affiloblueprint course because I was really wondering about this question myself.

I set up the wordpress site for the singing jetpack for my daughter and together we looked for 3 days for anything looking like a popup or whatever. We use 1shoppingcart as the autoresponder and in any case there did not appear to be a popup widget or anything that we could find.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
no trevor. look at the date, this thread was from before jetpack came out. the pop over generator they are talking about is the affilorama premium one.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

affilojetpackpurchasedept
Trust:
Dear Sportakus cousin of Spartacus:

;- )

In his sales webinar for affiloJetPack, Mark recommends the popover instead of the competing mechanism to collect emails and names. I know this for a fact since on Friday I listened to that webinar.

In Kindness, Andrew
Private message me if you want to purchase AffiloJetPack through my affiliate link because if you do purchase it through my link I will show you how you can have your web site business owned by a protected company that you own and operate for a small price relatively, and you can have people, Google, and affiliate programs pay you in a strong currency like the Hong Kong dollar, Aussie Dollar, or the New Zealand Dollar and the money goes into a protected bank instead of into the currency or a bank in the crumbling economy of your debt ridden country wherever you may be. You do not have to be paid in a quickly depreciating currency anymore and you can worry less about your business being taken away from you if it is attacked for selling something GOOD that a police state agency does not like since they are protecting the big sellers who do not like to lose profits to little old you and your web site business.

This topic was started on Apr 03, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.