Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Need help on my WordPress site! Im having memory size errors

dylanlim
Trust:

Need help on my WordPress site! Im having memory size errors

Hi,

i have some problems regarding the wordpress system. Perhaps it is due to me installing too many plugin or for some other reason i don't know but recently i can't seems to update my wordpress. There will be error message like this:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2516623 bytes) in /home3/dylanlim/public_html/wp-includes/http.php on line 1358

How to go about solving this issue?

On my dashboard there is another similar error message:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) in /home3/dylanlim/public_html/wp-includes/class-simplepie.php on line 13516

And also when writing or editing a new post, there used to be an option of 1 or 2 column in the screen option. Now even when i set it to 2 column, the second column which list like categories, discussion etc is empty even though there is a column there. Is this problem related to the error message?

I read somewhere that setting the security setting of the files is somehow related but i'm not very sure on how to go about doing it.

Some help would be appreciated!!! Thanks
Last edited by michellerana on 25 Feb 10 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

I'm thinking of forming a group to keep us focus and be reminded of our goal so as to keep us moving.
Send me a message if you are interested or you can add me
@ facebook: www.facebook.com/dylanlzw
twitter: www.twitter.com/dylan_lim

faradina
Trust:
That looks a lot like a server error to me.
dylanlim
Trust:
How do i go about solving this?
I'm thinking of forming a group to keep us focus and be reminded of our goal so as to keep us moving.

faradina
Trust:
Get in touch with your hosting server's support team.
dylanlim
Trust:
Finally got it solved! Thanks!

lenn1944
Trust:
I am having the same problem but didnt completely understand it myself but have a better handle on it If you go to my website url it comes up but when I wand to work on the site I cant because that is when I come up with the fatal error message go to this web site and this is when I get the fatal error message http://www.wt-loss-diet.info/wp-admin/
Site Admin
mikeantiga
Trust:
Hi Lenn1944,

The issue on your Wordpress dashboard is probably due to an unsupported plugin in the Affilojetpack server. I have already asked one of our senior developers to check your account at the back end. We'll send you an email and update this thread once the problem is fixed.
Want lessons on Affiliate Marketing, SEO and Content Creation? Get them here for FREE:
http://www.affilorama.com/lessons

Site Admin
mikeantiga
Trust:
Update:

The fatal error was caused by a plugin 'bloating' the size of the .htaccess file. You should now be able to log on to your dashboard.
Want lessons on Affiliate Marketing, SEO and Content Creation? Get them here for FREE:
http://www.affilorama.com/lessons

This topic was started on Feb 25, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.