Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Make Your Own Squidoo Type Site?

cpinkston
Trust:

Make Your Own Squidoo Type Site?

I was wondering if any one knows how I would go about making my own Squidoo type of site. Is that something I could make on my own or is it something I would have to hire someone to do.

What I really like about it is the different modules it has. I find it much easier to write really good pages when it is broken up like that and I would also like to have a basic website that I can make pages on whatever my fancy is at the moment like they have on Squidoo.

I figure after a couple of years the pages would be able to rank as easily as Squidoo as long as there is really good content on it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Crissy
sonitin
Trust:
hey,

you wil need to find some kidna script e.g. there are a lot of video site scripts out there. If you get oen for squidoo or hubpages then do post it here.

Cheers
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

cpinkston
Trust:
Thanks, I guess I will just have to figure out how to make my own.

I didn't really want the exact same thing as Squidoo. Just something with the same concept of having thousands of individual pages that were easy to make like Squidoo on any topics I wanted.
faradina
Trust:
There is an open source CMS (content management system) called Joomla that you can use and it's free. It's a bit complicated at first but once you get the hang of it, it will allow you to make a squidoo-type website. You can find out more about Joomla at http://www.joomla.org/about-joomla.html
cpinkston
Trust:
Thanks!

This topic was started on Aug 04, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.