Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

linking in XsitePro

marymeagan
Trust:

linking in XsitePro

Hi Guys
In XsitePro I want to create affiliate links and when I click on the chain link symbol I get a long drop down with all my 30 pages listed, and even when I click on one of these pages the only thing that happens is the drop down menu disappears, leaving unwanted text at the top of the page that I have to delete

What is supposed to happen is a box appears where I can insert my hop link and press ok, but this is not happening.

Any suggestions

Larry

PS..... I did post this question in the forum at XsitePro 2 days ago under the %*#@^*^((*&& ticket system and still waiting for an answer "Oh boy"
Larry Bauge

wollowra
Trust:
Hi Larry,
1. Highlight the text or picture you want to have a link on.
2. Right click on the highlighted text or picture
3. Click insert link, then OTHER
4. Put the affiliate link in the URL space provided and choose _blank for target.

You should now have an active link.
Keep in mind this does not cloak or give you a redirected link like a php redirect.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

marymeagan
Trust:
Thanks Troy

Troy you are a gem, I thought it would have been much more trouble, but I followed your advice and linked all 30 pages successfully.

Larry
Larry Bauge

wollowra
Trust:
Glad to help.
Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

This topic was started on Feb 05, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.