Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

How to take the date off from your word press blog

PremiumMember
kepeliki
Trust:
wollowra
Trust:
Can you give us some more info?
Where is the date and time you want to take off?
Is it in the posts or comments etc..?

Thanks.
Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
kepeliki
Trust:
wollowra
Trust:
Hi,
From what I know, you need to alter the .css code.
This link can help you if you know how to view and edit the code in your wordpress control panel.
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/265575

also, http://wordpress.org/support/topic/263344

Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Just a minor correction, here, and that is the file is one of the .php files, most likely the index.php file for the theme you are using (if you're not using Mark's). I tested it on one of my blogs, and removing the line with the date reference took the date out completely.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

wollowra
Trust:
Thanks Grady,
I did mean php but my brain was overheated...lol
It is 41 degrees celsius here in Melbourne, down under.
That's 106 deg Fahrenheit for you up there in the northern parts..lol

I can't even eat my chocolates I got for my wedding anniversary last week because they melt before they reach my mouth..lol

Troy

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Sounds like a nice day to me :D (Okay... I'm sort of used to those temps here in Texas ;)

Monday, it was 70 degrees Fahrenheit, Tuesday, I woke up and it was 28 degrees! That's a shock to the system ;) [If I did my math right, that's 38.9 deg C and 15.6 deg C]

(And I can relate to the melting chocolate :D That's why we have M&Ms -- Melt in your mouth, not in your hands ;)

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

magnolia
Trust:
I use a plugin which removes dates and it is quite easy to find on wordpress.org. Saves messing with code as the code is diff on each theme.
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Magnolia,
Can you tell everyone the name of the plugin?
Thanks.

Troy

-- Robert Brault

iamamki
Trust:
May I question why you want to remove the date? Few things irritate me (and I'm just any ordinary blog reader) more than wondering if the information in the post is obsolete or still relevant...and I have to wonder because it's not dated. Obviously I have to discount the post rather than risk using obsolete information.
wollowra
Trust:
I must say, I have to agree with you.
I went to a blog the other day and was reading something and it had no date and after reading half way through the content I realized it was probably 3 years old on adwords...lol
I was even contemplating leaving the dates off my blog but I now have decided against it as I might get Hate mail...lol

Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
I think removing the date may depend on the niche that you're in. Some niches, such as the make money online niche, you might be better off having a date on the blog. But for other niches where the information does not change as much. You can probably get away with not having the date on there.

Grady

wollowra
Trust:
hmmm, I guess Niche blogs are a bit different and does depend on the niche.
I suppose people really need to think whether or not readers would appreciate a date or not.

T

-- Robert Brault

This topic was started on Dec 15, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.