Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

How to hide a page from the links list on the sidebar

helenw
Trust:

How to hide a page from the links list on the sidebar

Using WordPress, I have put in a page where people can download a free report when they sign up for my list. I don't want this page to show up on the list of links in the sidebar. I tried making it a private page, but then there was nothing on the page even when you had the link.

I found a blog that gave a small piece of code to insert in the header.php, but I'm using the special AffiloBlueprint theme and I don't see the place he says to put it.

Is there a way to make this happen using the AffiloBlueprint theme?

Appreciate anybody's help.

Helen
Last edited by faradina on 17 Feb 10 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: seo

volkan
Trust:
Save it as draft. This way you won't see it in the list of pages but you will be able access it by typing the direct URL.
faradina
Trust:
Hi Helen,

Go to Theme Options > Sidebar Options and enter the page ID in the "Exclude Pages from Sidebar" field. Then save the change. That will prevent the page from appearing on the sidebar.
helenw
Trust:
Thanks for both suggestions.

I did the Theme Option one and it worked perfectly!

Helen

This topic was started on Feb 17, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.