Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

How to change the root directory in WordPress?

mack45
Trust:

How to change the root directory in WordPress?

Hi does any one know how to change the root directory in wordpress. I have one domain I want to get rid of and I already changed the name servers. But I am not sure where to change or cancel it or change and have a different root directory for my ad on domains. I think it may have to be done at hostgastor but not sure.
Pro at basic WP and keyword research willing to [email protected]

keithdhd
Trust:
Hi there,

Hostgator will create a new directory under your root directory for each add on domain. Are you using the same wordpress installation but with a new add on domain name?

Keith
mack45
Trust:
Yes I can have an ad on domain but how do I get rid of a root domain. or create a new one. I can change the name servers and have the root domain put back at Godaddy. But word press still does not change the Url.

PremiumMember
johnnyn
Trust:
I think I know what you want.
go to the wordpress admin, in the left menu find settings > general settings
there are 2 fields there to change the website url
mack45
Trust:
Thanks good try but that setting in general settings only sets the headline of that web site and the sub head head line. It is handy because you can change your header from here and not have to reload a template or use the css.

This topic was started on Jan 02, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.