Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

How do I upload my header in wordpress

kurtw56
Trust:

How do I upload my header in wordpress

I put my header together in paint.net but how do I get it to my wordpress site. I did once before but I can't find any instructions to do it again.

Kurt
faradina
Trust:
I presume you are using the AB theme. First upload your header file to your hosting server. Then go to your WP dashboard and access Theme Options. Go to Header Background Image, type in the URL of your header image and save the changes.
kurtw56
Trust:
Yes I am using the AB theme.
Do I upload it to public html or a folder inside that? Do I need to put it in a folder first? I can't remember any of the particulars, if any.

Kurt
kurtw56
Trust:
Faradina,

I figured out how to upload it by going back to the other site and copying it. But the header is not showing up. Any ideas about what I might have done wrong?

Kurt
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Hi Kurt,

May I ask where you placed the header file that you copied from your site? I suggest that you put the file in the public_html folder on your server (assuming that you installed your WordPress in the default directory and not in another directory) then follow the steps that Fara has given or review the lessons on Week 4.1b on Affiloblueprint. Please make sure that your new configuration is saved and published.

If you still can't see your header after following the steps above, please us give more details on how you did the entire process so that we could help you troubleshoot.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

kurtw56
Trust:
I did that. Just as I did in the first site and it's not showing up. I can't find any info in lesson 4-1b that has anything about uploading the header

I saved the header into a jpeg and uploaded it into the public html folder as header L8.jpg. Then I went to theme options and down to header background and typed in websiteurl.com/header L8.jpg
then I saved it, then I went to the site and updated it, and viola. no header,

Kurt
Last edited by ampie g on 25 Jan 10 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed http as URL only used as illustration and not actual link

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Hi Kurt,

I have replicated your problem on our own server, followed the procedure that we gave you and was able to upload the header successfully. Can you post/PM me your website and your header file (the file that you have pasted on your "header background image" under the theme settings, header options)?

The uploading of header on Week 4.1b was discussed after the 6th minute.

Hope we can help.
Michelle
Customer Support

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
ampie g
Trust:
Hi Kurt, do you see the image when you type the location on the browser?
Is your header file name 'header L8'? If so, try to change the file name to one that doesn't have any spaces. Sometimes this causes problems.
kurtw56
Trust:
Good idea, I was kind of wondering about that, I''ll rename it and loose the spaces.

Thanks,

Kurt
kurtw56
Trust:
It worked my header is up, but, that "Hello World! welcome to wordpress...etc" is still there. How do I get rid of that?

thanks
Kurt
kurtw56
Trust:
I figured out how to get rid of the Hello world stuff.

Kurt
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Glad to know that everything is working well for you now :)
Michelle
Customer Support

This topic was started on Oct 29, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.