Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Help with traffic

rhoda1990
Posts: 41
Joined: 12 Jun 10
Trust:

Help with traffic

I have asked so many times but nothing works! I have been updating my blog www.hollywoodtopnews.com and i'm still not getting enough traffic help!


and how do i run a ppc campaign!
  • 1
anil
Posts: 105
Joined: 03 Jun 12
Trust:
How are you trying to get traffic, through the search engines? Assuming you are, have you done keyword research and identified the terms you want to target?

Might be worth reviewing:

http://www.affilorama.com/market-research/doing-keyword-research
  • 2
Site Admin
maryt
Posts: 2807
Joined: 16 Apr 12
Trust:
Hello Rhoda,

I also see a problem in your keywords. Have you done keyword research when you are building your website? keyword research is one of the first important things you need to do when putting up a site. You also need to "optimize" your articles with these keywords. You do not have good meta tags, title tags in your site. And you need to also have tags on your blog.

The bottom line is- you have to select the right keywords for your site, optimize these keywords, and do link building. You need to accomplish these things while you also do regular posting because these steps will help you get ranked on search engines, which will be your number one source for traffic.

What Anil gave is important. You may want to review that link first and assess if you have done the right things for your website :)

Mary
  • 2
Not sure which Affilorama tool you need? Take the quiz! http://www.affilorama.com/redirect/quiz

Web: http://www.affilorama.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/affilorama
Facebook: http://www.affilorama.com/facebook

***
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." ~Sidhhartha Guatama
 
rhondawhite
Posts: 8
Joined: 16 Jul 10
Trust:
You could do some freebie reports to giveaway that you're targeted audience would be interested in and submit these to free ebook and document hosting places.

Also, how about using YouTube and doing a few videos with you sharing some news instead of just posting it. You can draw some traffic to your site from YouTube.
  • 2
~ Rhonda White
Content Marketing Help:
http://internetmarketingPLRcontent.com
 
rhoda1990
Posts: 41
Joined: 12 Jun 10
Trust:
Anil wrote:How are you trying to get traffic, through the search engines? Assuming you are, have you done keyword research and identified the terms you want to target?

Might be worth reviewing:

http://www.affilorama.com/market-research/doing-keyword-research


I think you're on to something. I have heard many marketers say that. I'm soo going to check that out! Thanks
  • 1
rhoda1990
Posts: 41
Joined: 12 Jun 10
Trust:
RhondaWhite wrote:You could do some freebie reports to giveaway that you're targeted audience would be interested in and submit these to free ebook and document hosting places.

Also, how about using YouTube and doing a few videos with you sharing some news instead of just posting it. You can draw some traffic to your site from YouTube.


Sounds interesting. How can i make these reports and what would i say? And youtube videos? You mean like me getting on camera and telling my news that way?
  • 1
rhoda1990
Posts: 41
Joined: 12 Jun 10
Trust:
And another question is how do i get traffic from people how want to buy? I mean the affiliate links are how i'm trying to make money. Should my keywords be about the products i'm trying to sell? because i know that people searching for hollywood gossip are not always looking to buy anything. please help me.

www.hollywoodtopnews.com

i know you guys are smart!
  • 1
rhoda1990
Posts: 41
Joined: 12 Jun 10
Trust:
macdalangin wrote:Hello Rhoda,

I also see a problem in your keywords. Have you done keyword research when you are building your website? keyword research is one of the first important things you need to do when putting up a site. You also need to "optimize" your articles with these keywords. You do not have good meta tags, title tags in your site. And you need to also have tags on your blog.

The bottom line is- you have to select the right keywords for your site, optimize these keywords, and do link building. You need to accomplish these things while you also do regular posting because these steps will help you get ranked on search engines, which will be your number one source for traffic.

What Anil gave is important. You may want to review that link first and assess if you have done the right things for your website :)

Mary



But what do you mean optimize my articles? What are good meta tags, title tags? Beacuse i read that meta tags were not important anymore. Does link building cost anything?
  • 1
Site Admin
maryt
Posts: 2807
Joined: 16 Apr 12
Trust:
But what do you mean optimize my articles? What are good meta tags, title tags? Beacuse i read that meta tags were not important anymore. Does link building cost anything?


Hi Rhoda,

When you optimize your articles, you should be able to have the following:

1. Keyword density- at least mention your keywords 1%-2% within the article.
2. Adding long-tail keywords is also great.
3. Link your articles to the mos important pages you want people to go to. But make sure that the keywords and the link/web page is relevant to each other.

Meta tags- these should compose your keywords. Each page should be defined by these tags. I know Google announced these are not important anymore but I still believe that giving each page their tittles and description still helps a lot in SEO.

If you can set time to work for your link building and do not need to hire someone to do it, then there is nothing to spend on it. There are a lot of ways you can do link building for free like- directory submission, bookmarking, use of social media sites, video marketing, article submission, and so on.

I hope that makes everything clear.

Regards!
  • 1
Not sure which Affilorama tool you need? Take the quiz! http://www.affilorama.com/redirect/quiz

Web: http://www.affilorama.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/affilorama
Facebook: http://www.affilorama.com/facebook

***
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." ~Sidhhartha Guatama
 
atmana_s
Posts: 1
Joined: 03 May 12
Trust:
Hi Macdalangin,

i agree with your comment.

Thanks a lot
  • 1
Site Admin
maryt
Posts: 2807
Joined: 16 Apr 12
Trust:
atmana_s wrote:Hi Macdalangin,

i agree with your comment.

Thanks a lot



No problem! And wish you luck! :)
  • 1
Not sure which Affilorama tool you need? Take the quiz! http://www.affilorama.com/redirect/quiz

Web: http://www.affilorama.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/affilorama
Facebook: http://www.affilorama.com/facebook

***
"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." ~Sidhhartha Guatama
 
jay3
Posts: 54
Joined: 30 May 12
Trust:
RhondaWhite wrote:You could do some freebie reports to giveaway that you're targeted audience would be interested in and submit these to free ebook and document hosting places.

Also, how about using YouTube and doing a few videos with you sharing some news instead of just posting it. You can draw some traffic to your site from YouTube.


I also 2nd Rhonda's tip on youtube especially for a niche like gossip.

I'd reverse engineer the keywords TMZ.com is getting since they're always on the pulse of the latest celeb gossip.

Why not create your own video channel where you have videos giving a sort of "What Rhody thinks" spin to it?

That will not only give you a good way to brand yourself but also help you drive traffic back to your site. You can scale up to facebook and twitter later.

Just make sure sure to watermark your videos, tag them properly and tell people to subscribe to your channel for more "juicy gossip feedback" ;-)

Do some basic backlinking (social, articles, forums, guest posts e.g. at http://myblogguest.com) and once your videos hit page 1, it's a snowball effect from there.

Sounds like a lot of work but it really isn't.

You just need to keep at it and let your motivation shine through in your videos.

Hope that helped somewhat.

Cheers,
Jay
  • 1
Another Awe$ome Online Community And I've Managed To Get You In For $7 - http://www.btf2012.com/they-laughed-until.php


 
miranda1
Posts: 3
Joined: 25 Jun 12
Trust:
To get more traffic to your site you’re going to want to enhance your SEO (search engine optimization). This can help pull in more viewers by selecting the right key words and embedding them into the pages of your site.
There are plenty of sites that can help you with your SEO dilemma. One solution is to try out a site builder that gives users the options of SEO customization. I know that Easy WebContent is a site that offers both an HTML editor and site builder that provide customers with SEO options. The two products are easy to navigate and understand, and they can be accessed without having to download any sort of external software because everything is based online. These tools are simple and can really benefit in the long run.
They offer a free trial period, so you can look into the SEO customization using that sort of route. You won’t be losing out on anything by trying, so hopefully you’ll be able to utilize the SEO help.
www.easywebcontent.com
  • 1

This topic was started on Jun 19, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.