Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Having Problems with the affilotheme for wordpress

heavysm
Trust:

Having Problems with the affilotheme for wordpress

Alright, this isnt so much with wordpress as it is with the newest affilotheme. I just setup a few articles on my site but I cannot find the options that control showing the links on the left sidebar. How do I get them to properly show?
Site Admin
mikeantiga
Trust:
Hi heavysm,

There are three ways to display the articles in the sidebar in AffiloTheme: List All, Split and Silo. You can select from anyone of these options at the AffiloTheme options page > Sidebar > Sidebar Function > Sidebar List Type.

You may want to post your website URL here or send us an email if you're still having issues with your sidebar.
Want lessons on Affiliate Marketing, SEO and Content Creation? Get them here for FREE:
http://www.affilorama.com/lessons

heavysm
Trust:
Perhaps there is a glitch in the coding or software then, because I am changing the settings that you just stated, and they're pretty obvious, but nothing but the "left or right" option for the sidebar location does anything. Its just a bunch of white space. Should I deactivate the theme and reactivate? Something is not right.

Heres the site: http://www.sonic-producer.us

Edit: I have played around with options for about an hour and found that posts will show up on my sidebar but not "pages" as the blueprint videos shows. I don't know if this is a technical error but thats the only way i am getting it to work for me. Now I just don't understand how to reorder the posts since the numbering option was only available for pages.
faradina
Trust:
Hi heavysm,

In our Affilorama WordPress Theme V1.2, pages would show up in the sidebar, but from AB Theme 2.0 and on to the latest version of AffiloTheme, posts are shown on the sidebar.

The AffiloBlueprint videos relevant to AB Theme 2.0 are on https://www.affilorama.com/affilobluepri ... 20-lessons

For the steps in changing the order of your posts, go to the Affilorama Support Center and read How do I change the order of posts on the sidebar of my wordpress site?

I hope that helps :)
heavysm
Trust:
Is there any problem with using v1.2 for my current site rather than v3.0? There is a massive difference between having my articles in my posts rather than my pages because I would have to manually transfer everything if I found that v1.2 is too outdated for use.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
We recommend that you use the latest theme because it fixes the bugs we've encountered in the older versions.

You don't need to manually transfer your articles. You could use the p2pconverter plugin to convert your pages to posts.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

faradina
Trust:
In addition, AffiloTheme also has the Affiliate Redirects tool which makes it easy for you to create redirects for your ugly hoplinks. No more creating and uploading php files to create redirects. And you get to see how many times your redirects were clicked on, too.

There is also the Header Creator in AffiloTheme which makes it easy for you to design headers for your site.

With regard to pages and posts, putting up your articles as posts means that they can be included in the RSS feed from your site. So if you create a Squidoo lens, for instance, you can include an RSS module which will show the RSS feed from your site.

I strongly recommend that you use AffiloTheme.
bizbop
Trust:
Hey Affilorama staff member,

I have a quick question about the create header option within AT 3.0. How do we redirect our header to a different page as it currently only allows to redirect to my site's home page?

Thanks in advance.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
When using the header creator, please click "Insert into Theme" so that the header you created will be inserted into your website header.

If you continue to have problems, please send us a screenshot and give us a temporary access to your WP dashboard so that we could check what is causing the error.

You'd be able to find instructions on how to send a screenshot on this page: https://www.affilorama.com/support/new-t ... creen-shot
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

bizbop
Trust:
Hi Michellerana,

Thanks for your quick reply, after reading my first question I realize that I wasn't very clear (was a late night).

I do not have a problem installing the header. I'm wondering if we can change where our visitors are being redirected too.

So when we go into WP-Admin > Theme Options > Header Tab > Scroll down to bottom of page > Sub Tab "Header Text". We can click a box for "header image is linked".

Currently when this box is checked it allows visitors to click on our header and be redirected to our home page. I am wondering if we can change this so that when visitors click on our header they will be redirected to our affiliate offer?

Hope this helps in clearing up my original question.

Thanks,
-Bizbop
faradina
Trust:
Hi Bizbop,

The header can be linked only to the homepage.

In any case, I do not believe that linking the header to an affiliate offer is a good idea. People have gotten used to being taken to the homepage of a site when they click on the header. I would personally link to an affiliate offer elsewhere.
bizbop
Trust:
faradina wrote:Hi Bizbop,

The header can be linked only to the homepage.

In any case, I do not believe that linking the header to an affiliate offer is a good idea. People have gotten used to being taken to the homepage of a site when they click on the header. I would personally link to an affiliate offer elsewhere.

Hey Faradina,

Okay, thank you for clearing that up :)

This topic was started on Nov 10, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.