Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

firefox saying my webaddress does not exist

PremiumMember
blubutterfly
Trust:

firefox saying my webaddress does not exist

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help, I have been adding pages this evening and I publish as I always do, and for some reason firefox is saying that there is a problem with my address, what could be causing this.
Next Question , when I put a link on a page and publish it, then I go online and where I have put a link is no longer a link???

I can get into my site through google and thats it, also because I changed the home page, its still showing the old home page name of article, how do I fix this???
I look forward to a reply soon
regards
justine
slvrsrfr
Trust:
hard to tell without further info. are you using xsite pro or wordpress. have you checked the public html folder. have you checked your site with ie?

jason
jasondodd
Trust:
if its a new site it may also be issues with the DNS which can take a while to propagate (up to 48 hours).

also wordpress can start acting strange if the specified url is set to www but the host has it as non www.
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: https://www.affilorama.com/premium

PremiumMember
blubutterfly
Trust:
thanks for me , yes it came up again today,not sure what happened,I am using xsp.
Thanks again for quick reply
regards
justine
serratedsnail
Trust:
It sounds like a cache issue and not something to do with your site. If it happens again simply hold down ctrl and press f5 on the keyboard which will force a hard refresh in your browser.
Kind Regards
Mark

PremiumMember
blubutterfly
Trust:
thank you again, will try next time, would you be able to help me with another question?
Why when I type in my website name into google, my home page has the wrong title, I just changed the home page, published it and everything, but found when you type it into google it comes up with the old page
ie: energyofyourown.com/how to create your own solar energy
when it should be energyofyourown.com/solarandwindpower
why would that be
regards justine
serratedsnail
Trust:
You will have to wait for google re-visit your site and index your home page again before that changes.
Kind Regards
Mark

PremiumMember
blubutterfly
Trust:
I am not sure what you mean by that, sorry , baby steps for me, could you explain that for me a little clearer.
regards justine
cpinkston
Trust:
When google visits your site it gets cached. However it looks when it gets cached is how it will look in the search engines until google revisits your site and sees a change and re-cache's(not sure that's a word) it.

So basically the search results are not live. They are an image that google has from the last time they visited your site. The next time google visits your site it will update it's image. I shouldn't take very long for your changes that you made to appear in the search engines.
PremiumMember
blubutterfly
Trust:
Thank you very much that makes sense now. I appreciate your help

regards justine

This topic was started on Jun 22, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.