Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Feedback on XCommentPro

PremiumMember
thumbdog
Trust:

Feedback on XCommentPro

Hi everyone...

Is anyone using this software?

I'm evaluating their 30 day trial right now and really like its capabilities. As an xSitePro V2 user, it integrates really nicely with xSite's "right-click" functionality, allowing you to insert where you'd like your comments to appear on the page. Also, it allows you to fully customize appearance, easily implement requiring an email sign-up prior to your users posting comments, captchas, ratings, tag clouds, allow comment to span multiple pages and a really great web based administration application that provides for downloading all the valuable emails you collected at sign-up etc etc.

Problem is, it seems really slow on my test site. Apparently, it uses an object database of some sort (as opposed to MySQL for example) comprised of various files on the file system of your host.

I really want to like this product as it's by far and away the easiest way to incorporate user generated content to your site.

Is anyone else experiencing performance issues with the software?

Thanks

Mike
Last edited by michellerana on 20 Apr 10 2:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: improve title

PremiumMember
thumbdog
Trust:
Me again...

OK, I deleted everything on my test site and re-deployed. The comments functionality is definitely snappier. I had my wife and daughter adding comments concurrently via their computers and I added some via mine too.

Probably just a glitch in the way I installed it the first time. Anyway, all appears OK now.

Cheers

Mike
carter01
Trust:
hi, I am using xsitepro2 and I love it. I have been known to have trouble building websites, using ftp in general not to good at all of it, lol. With xsitepro2 alot of what I need is built right in and it does it for me.

When I am done building my site I click publish and it is up and going, does not get better than that for a web site newbie that's for sure.
I have now published 2 sites and have another 3 in the works..Yes I love xsitepro2, hope this helps.
SETTING UP A WEB PAGE YOU WILL NEED A DOMAIN
http://namingadomain.com

carter01
Trust:
sorry about the previous post, I misread and thought you wanted comments on xsitepro2. sorry about that.
I do not have XCommentPro, but it is on my future purchases list, lol, thanks kathy
SETTING UP A WEB PAGE YOU WILL NEED A DOMAIN
http://namingadomain.com

This topic was started on Apr 20, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.